RAMD?

I've never wanted to read something more in my life....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I had enough self-awareness not to get involved with ramd because I knew I would be rolling around in the filth in no time. Lol

Not every part of RAMD was bad.   There were a lot of really interesting posters who contributed to the topics being discussed. 

Remember Planar Analysis from Stuart Rice?  Whether one buys into the validity of the discussion, it was still very interesting to read his analysis.   He spent a lot of time analyzing shows based on that. 

In addition, I think RAMD goes back to at least 1995 and back then I don't think there were any other online forums to discuss drum corps.   RAMD was it. 

Edit: Speaking of Planar Analysis....

https://halftimemag.com/web-exclusives/ten-exercises-for-improvisational-marching.html

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

Memory sucks as you get older so checked… my first post 3/2003 and last 9/2008. So only 5 1/2 years and seems longer. And seeing so much mental health needed from so many…. Well past the trolling stage for some. 
Oh well if it wasn’t for RAMD I wouldn’t have found out about a local exhibition… which led to joining a corps (former corps rival 🙄)…. Which led to 8 years of the parade/standstill world…. So not all bad.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

I'm going to say it:   CATHERINE!!!!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I'm going to say it:   CATHERINE!!!!!!

My apologies for asking but what made this lady so bad? Did she verbally/physically attack individuals or certain corps? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

My apologies for asking but what made this lady so bad? Did she verbally/physically attack individuals or certain corps? 

She was the RAMD conspiracy theorist and grudge keeper. Came up with out there ideas that certain people or groups were out to destroy her and drum corps. If you tried to tell her she was mistaken then you were part of the conspiracy, etc etc. And the more you tried to tell her, the more she was convinced she was right and you were part of the conspiracy. And let’s just say her replies were not “diplomatic”. 😬

Bunch of other stuff I didn’t understand. Heaven forbid you asked her what she meant as you were “playing dumb” and part of the conspiracy.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2