RAMD?

12 hours ago, Continental said:

Not every part of RAMD was bad.   There were a lot of really interesting posters who contributed to the topics being discussed. 

Remember Planar Analysis from Stuart Rice?  Whether one buys into the validity of the discussion, it was still very interesting to read his analysis.   He spent a lot of time analyzing shows based on that. 

In addition, I think RAMD goes back to at least 1995 and back then I don't think there were any other online forums to discuss drum corps.   RAMD was it. 

Edit: Speaking of Planar Analysis....

https://halftimemag.com/web-exclusives/ten-exercises-for-improvisational-marching.html

agreed, RAMD had a lot of good stuff, and it spawned many friendships in real life...a relationship or 2 as well. but starting in 2000 when a certain loon started up, it did get messy, and then a second loon showed up on the scenes. Rice was no saint either. he did his share of harassing.

one of the best friends i ever had i met thru RAMD, and like many of us, he made his way here before his untimely passing. RIP Sean Holton.

RAMD was also the home of Jason Lowe, who passed away the day of quarterfinals in 2001, in what should have been his age out year. He did in fact pass while his corps, Spirit was on the field. many of us that met because of RAMD helped spread the word in the stadium, and many grown adults shared hugs and tears that day.

on 9/11 RAMD also helped many of get the whereabouts of folks we all knew in drum corps that were in DC and NYC. one prominent member was a flight attendant...we all worried about her

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I'm going to say it:   CATHERINE!!!!!!

EBBUB!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

My apologies for asking but what made this lady so bad? Did she verbally/physically attack individuals or certain corps? 

and then some.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Continental said:

You were constantly harassed by "C" and "S"

Sharon was a chicken ####. I approached her in 1999 at DCA  about her bull 💩and she was all hubulla hubulla hubulla.  Avoided me like a bad rash all weekend.  The key is to call the internet warriors out in real life.  They usually recoil and return to their corner. . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

My apologies for asking but what made this lady so bad? Did she verbally/physically attack individuals or certain corps? 

Yes to all of the above.  The families of people.   Even their children.

They seem to like her on the Facebook Kilties alumni page and the Museum of a drum and bugle corps page however.  Like I said, most drum corps people have short memories.  Not me.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Newseditor44 said:

I miss Notabando. 

Sigh....

gagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbye
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagaga
babababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ook

• Haha 1