RAMD?

8 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

What is/was RAMD?  I see it mentioned here all the time.  I assume some kind of Drum Crops related message board?

If you go to page 1 of the thread, there are some pretty good posts about it.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 10:24 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

What is/was RAMD?  I see it mentioned here all the time.  I assume some kind of Drum Crops related message board?

It was an unmoderated Drum Corps message board on a platform that hosted many message boards.  It existed before Google, but at some I think RAMD stands for Rec.Arts.Marching.Drumcorps, which is where it lived on the platform.  At some point it (& all discussion boards hosted on that platform) migrated to (or were acquired by) Google.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
clarity & more better English
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It was an unmoderated Drum Corps message board on a platform that hosted many message boards.  It existed before Google, but at some I think RAMD stands for Rec.Arts.Marching.Drumcorps, which is where it lived on the platform.  At some point it (& all discussion boards) migrated (or were acquired) by Google.

and DCp broke off from RAMD because of how crazy RAMD got. and for all of the complaints about DCP, it never got `1/10000th as crazy as RAMD

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and DCp broke off from RAMD because of how crazy RAMD got. and for all of the complaints about DCP, it never got `1/10000th as crazy as RAMD

True. If anyone thinks DCP is bad just take a look at the facebook a year or so ago. The place was madness and crazy with all who participated. 

41 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Yeh I got off DCP FB page as it was bad! 

Is that still around. Looked and can’t find it

Looks like my 1st post on RAMD was in 1992.. which newsgroup was used before that? I'm pretty sure I was on that and then participated in some vote to get RAMD created (alt.drumcorps maybe? been so long...)

I totally forgot about Cybercorps..