Lafayette Review

Um, Blue Stars have already passed Glassmen. Check scores from the last two nights where they were head to head.

Yep you're right...I didn't look close enough. Which means Glassmen are currently sitting in 11th place....and very easily could see themselves out of the top 12 if they don't watch it.

Thanks for the review!

Great Original Review: I also have seen alot of the same groups and felt the same as you. I felt Colts , although very good at what they do seem a little dated to me. Haven't seen the new ending for Cadets but seems like they are moving forward with a fury or trying to. for the other question asked about Spirit their Head visual person Is Randy Nelson ( WGI & Chactawhachie HS , however you spell it. and Guard people are all from North East Independent from Florida )

It doesn't surprise me at all as another person stated in another thread that some obscure title was added on to a bad show and design ,alot of winter guards do this including North east (Bronze Medalists 08 cough cough )

Well anyway I totally agree that not only the design staff has to change but whover i s responsible for cleaning those poor kids needs to be shot. I would love to see Spirit succeed ( Always loved them BUT I think it's time for new people to take over the visual positions.)

Then with ALL due respect you are in the minority. Look at the scores (from day one) and you'll see how Glassmen and Blue

Stars are firmly within the top 12 without any doubt. As far as being lackluster how is it that the crowds have been getting more and more vocal in their support of each performance? They ARE a crowd favorite...period. Right now they are in a fight for 10th or 11th place at least. Who do YOU see pushing them out? We'll see what happens come Saturday at San Antonio.

I'm quite ok being in the minority on this one, although I don't think I am as much as you wish it. You could be right, but don't be surprised if other corps soon pass them. That Crossmen GE score imo spells possible doom for some corps ahead of them right now.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write such a complete review. I don't agree with your Blue Stars conclusions, but appreciate reading the different viewpoint. Seems like a lot of people either really love the handlebars or really hate them. I'm curious to know what row you were in... I think this show presents very differently from down low as compared to up high.

We were sitting on the top row of the bottom section, so a pretty good vantage point. I really wanted to like the show more than I did. I just think the visual design is a bit lacking. The brass, however, are strong.

Great Original Review: I also have seen alot of the same groups and felt the same as you. I felt Colts , although very good at what they do seem a little dated to me. Haven't seen the new ending for Cadets but seems like they are moving forward with a fury or trying to. for the other question asked about Spirit their Head visual person Is Randy Nelson ( WGI & Chactawhachie HS , however you spell it. and Guard people are all from North East Independent from Florida )

It doesn't surprise me at all as another person stated in another thread that some obscure title was added on to a bad show and design ,alot of winter guards do this including North east (Bronze Medalists 08 cough cough )

Well anyway I totally agree that not only the design staff has to change but whover i s responsible for cleaning those poor kids needs to be shot. I would love to see Spirit succeed ( Always loved them BUT I think it's time for new people to take over the visual positions.)

I believe this is Randy's 1st year with Spirit. I could be wrong.....

But check it out....I marched in 89'....some still say that was the worst drum corp show ever (Interstellar Suite by Amin Batia), and in 90' we completely turned things around because we believed in a show that the crowd would really like.....same kids - different show. I remember in Omaha, NE, 1989, when someone from the stands yelled, "you were better when you played Georgia!!" during retreat. I knew from that point on that our show stunk. Great drumline, but a drumline doesn't get you into finals.

Edited by jsualumnus

Intelligent reviews are always a good thing. Immature remarks such as (Bronze Medalists 08 cough cough) are pretty sad and a strong reflection on the character of the author of such post.

I'm quite ok being in the minority on this one, although I don't think I am as much as you wish it. You could be right, but don't be surprised if other corps soon pass them. That Crossmen GE score imo spells possible doom for some corps ahead of them right now.

First, I said in respone to your post "with ALL due respect" and I meant it. And I don't wish you to be anything at all. You wrote a very nice review based on your opinons of each show. That's cool. And you could be right as well. Stars and Gmen could be passed by other corps as we get closer to finals. BUT my point was that ONE show does not change the trend of several shows so far. In all of those shows both Stars and Glassmen have been ahead of the rest of the pack by almost 2 points. Every time the other corps improve so do they. The exception being Knights who jumped big time after the time off they took. Like I said San Antonio will tell us all were everyone is going into the stretch. My issue with your post was making a statement that appears to say after seeing that one show (you could have seen more) Glassmen or anybody could not be in finals based on that performance. YOU might be right but based on ALL the scores so far I don't think so. Earlier in the season alot of people were saying Colts were better than Gmen and they were going to be in finals but that's looking alot less likely now. If you don't like a particular corps show that's fine...we all have that right...but to say one corps will or will not make finals based on opinon and not the facts is not the best one could do. I have never said or will I say that Gmen or anyone else has a lock on finals but I also won't say that a certain corps CAN'T make finals...!

I believe this is Randy's 1st year with Spirit. I could be wrong.....

But check it out....I marched in 89'....some still say that was the worst drum corp show ever (Interstellar Suite by Amin Batia), and in 90' we completely turned things around because we believed in a show that the crowd would really like.....same kids - different show. I remember in Omaha, NE, 1989, when someone from the stands yelled, "you were better when you played Georgia!!" during retreat. I knew from that point on that our show stunk. Great drumline, but a drumline doesn't get you into finals.

Randy has been the visual coordinator since 2005.

Thanks for the review, Michael. I hope you're wrong about the Blue Stars, though I'm glad to hear such optimism about Bones...I've heard the same from others about them, though I have yet to see them this year.

Intelligent reviews are always a good thing. Immature remarks such as (Bronze Medalists 08 cough cough) are pretty sad and a strong reflection on the character of the author of such post.

You are right my opinion on another program has no business in this forum. I am truly sorry BUT I have always had a heartfelt respect for this corps and believe they are being sold a bill of goods by these designers.

As it was said in the original post it seems to be getting worse . Design wise it's fair at best . from the point of being clean almost the end of July those people clearly arent doing their job.........Just my opinion.....Its easy of course sitting on the side lines and give our opinions good and bad but thats what we are all doing.