Teal Sound was robbed in LA

Done. Paypal rocks for donations!

Just wondering, does insurance cover this or no since it was cash?

$300...which in fairness was the money I was going to spend tonight here in Dallas, Saturday in San Anmexico and Sunday in Denton. This time it all just goes to one group instead of spreading it amongst the masses.

Oh, and for what it's worth...I've never seen a Teal Sound show in my 21 years of following DCI. Not sure what my point is.

***PayPal

Edited by DallasManUFan

$300...which in fairness was the money I was going to spend tonight here in Dallas, Saturday in San Anmexico and Sunday in Denton. This time it all just goes to one group instead of spreading it amongst the masses.

Oh, and for what it's worth...I've never seen a Teal Sound show in my 21 years of following DCI. Not sure what my point is.

***PayPal

Let me say this: You are a class act! I'm sure they appreciate it! :offtopic::tongue::tongue:

Donation made. Who's next?

Way to step up, SKY RYDERS.......

Make that three. :offtopic:

Donation made, let's keep it going!

Just got off the phone with Randy Blackburn (corps director). He sounded pretty down about the situation, but he said Teal Sound has been overwhelmed with the support that is coming. I will be donating as well, and my wife's company will match my donation, so we needed Teal Sound's EIN#. I will post that info later tonight or tomorrow when Randy gets back home this evening. He's on the road heading back east.

I know we can all do the math, but if 1,000 of us donate $1 = $1,000. If 1,000 donate $10 = $10,000. And I predict you won't miss having that $10. And your generosity will probably be rewarded down the road.

BTW, before we start flaming on the people of Louisana, Randy mentioned that the people invovled might not be the locals. So, let's give them a break until they find out for sure.

If it's any help, their EIN is 59-3496428 (thank you Guidestar!)

A gigantic "THANK YOU" to everyone who has donated so far!!! I too just got off the phone with Randy and he is absolutely overwhelmed with the generosity of all of you wonderful, compassionate people. I think the symbolic showing of solidarity and support means every bit as much to them as the actual monetary donation. As stated above, he sounded pretty down on the phone, but very encouraged by what has transpired through this thread with tons of people stepping up and righting a wrong. Hopefully some good 'ol police work will give some leads.

I drove for the corps last summer and I can attest first-hand, this is a great group of kids who didn't deserve this and hopefully (with the broad shoulders of the DCP community) it won't detract from their experience...and possibly even teach a valuable message about helping a brother in need.

Thanks again for the help and please keep it up! :offtopic:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Thanks for posting this in this forum- I never really peek into the Open Class forum, so I wouldn't have had a chance to act if it hadn't been placed in here.

Keep it up, DCP... for all the bickering, arguing, and BS surrounding rather trivial things, it's great to see this forum is capable of stepping up and doing something good when a corps needs it.

OK...first off, let me preface this by saying that the most important thing right now is to make sure the kids are taken care of, and that everything needs to be done to ensure that happens!

HOWEVER...I find it strange, and somewhat disturbing, that such a large sum of cash was being carried instead of using credit/debit cards. Having petty cash is one thing, a huge sum that would support both food and fuel for two weeks is another. And, that it was in a location that was accessible to strangers within the community at-large raises another red flag.

I am also curious as to the circumstances that led to the theft. While I'm willing to join the drum corps world in sending a donation, my confidence is not strong with regards to their choices on how to keep that money safe.

While I'm sure that many of the DCP universe are going to flame me for this, it's still a legitimate concern that the folks at Teal are going to have to address.

In the meantime, I truly wish the best for those kids and hope/pray that they finish the season strong!