Will Blue Knights or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?

Will BK or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Will BK or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?

• no way!...not even in same league!
    • BK will beat them
    • boston will beat them
    • Both BK and Boston will beat them
    • BK may beat them
    • Boston may beat them
    • This poll is stupid and who cares anyway.

Please discuss and give your opinions as to WHY you feel they way you do... Please no bashing...

Edited by Liahona

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen all the shows numerous times and just feel that neither Boston or BK have the quality of show that Bluuuuu does. I think that Boston IS my favorite show this year and can't even remotely see BK this close, but Blue is in a different level, but I have been wrong a LOT lately, even in my own threads ( more on that later ) so I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

I think that Boston and Bluecoats are close to the same level on show design. I thought Bluecoats have a nice show, but it just didn't blow me away like the last 2 years have. I have felt like every year for the last 6 or 7 years, that Bluecoats just kept getting better and better. I think as of now, last year may have been the plateau. I don't think this year has the quality of show design as the last few years, and I think alot of really cool moments have been lost. I think Boston has a little higher level of GE.

Blue Knights seemed a little weak still when I saw them last in Madison. I can't wait to see them again in Bloomington. I don't know if their show design can quite catch Bluecoats, but then I haven't seen the changes from either corps live yet.

In all honesty, I hope the Bluecoats have equipment failure like they did in Madison for finals week, so the recordings of the dvd and cd will be better without all the narration.

I think that it is a combination of Boston with a great show and maxing out their talent level vs. Coats with a not quite as good show undermaxing out their talent level.

I would be surprised if the Bluecoats don't pull away from the 8-9 pack and make a push with their level of talent. In many ways, this is their most talented corps to date and expect them to make a run at the top 5 again the last 2 weeks.

All in all, its great to see parity starting to return to not only the top 5-7, but equally in the 8-16 range. At least if we have to have fewer corps these days, they are all more competitive with each other!

I'd love to see both corps compete hard core with SCV and Bluecoats. To me I don't know that it will happen, but I see BK's design as the one when cleaned up that could do it. Both BAC and BK seem quite a bit more ensemble vis dirtier than Bluecoats, but time will tell. I am curious to see SCV again because based off my viewing of them in Denver I believe they could be competing for the 7 slot come finals night. Just a hunch. BAC and BK against SCV I give more of a chance, but just like in all predictions that may not pan either. We'll see.

WP

BK '97 '98

Boston's show is wicked awesome this year- probably my favorite BAC show of all time. I think the 'coats have a better team, but Boston has better design. I would like to see BAC jump ahead just because their show is so cool this year. I usually like BK, but I just haven't been feeling them all year.

BK and Boston are cool, don't get me wrong. But Bloo just has....their bloo. They just have their attitude and they sell it. Not that BK or BAC doesn't just not like Bluecoats

interesting topic- I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Yeah...um, somewhere between "different league" and "this is stupid." Not to be offensive, but those are OP's options.

Looking over Dallas/Houston scores Bluecoats seem to be breathing up SCV's backside and Boston/Blue Knights are in between the elites and the 12th place race...again. A week or so ago everyone was saying BK was out of finals with Blue Stars having clipped them early a time or two. So much for that now with BK up on Blue Stars by 4+/- points. And now Blooo seems to be making a move upwards. That would be sooo cool after Blooo took a step back each of the last two years after early-season BIG-time steps forward.

But good thread to converse!

I just wouldnt count out the Blue Stars in regards to your

"who will edge out who" theory....

Blue Stars are soaring thru what would be their best year

since the 1970's, and they arent about to give up ANY

spot or two......

Probably could BANK on that one !!

:tongue:

Mike