Will Blue Knights or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?

Will BK or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Will BK or Boston beat Bluecoats by finals?

• no way!...not even in same league!
    • BK will beat them
    • boston will beat them
    • Both BK and Boston will beat them
    • BK may beat them
    • Boston may beat them
    • This poll is stupid and who cares anyway.

A week or so ago everyone was saying BK was out of finals with Blue Stars having clipped them early a time or two. So much for that now with BK up on Blue Stars by 4+/- points.

Up 4 points when the two corps have not competed against each other since 7/2 (Blue Knights won that battle by .5)? If you really want to compare scores from different shows, then tonight the Blue Knights are up on the Blue Stars by, wait for it...., .6. That is a far cry from four points.

Really, all this comparison from different shows is silly. Saturday will be the first day we truly know where all corps stand relative to other corps.

Edited by mcjordansc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up 4 points when the two corps have not competed against each other since 7/2 (Blue Knights won that battle by .5)? If you really want to compare scores from different shows, then tonight the Blue Knights are up on the Blue Stars by, wait for it...., .6. That is a far cry from four points.

Really, all this comparison from different shows is silly. Saturday will be the first day we truly know where all corps stand relative to other corps.

VERY VERY WELL STATED !!!

I just wouldnt count out the Blue Stars in regards to your

"who will edge out who" theory....

Blue Stars are soaring thru what would be their best year

since the 1970's, and they arent about to give up ANY

spot or two......

Probably could BANK on that one !!

:tongue:

Mike

Interesting point...blue stars could be the dark horse candidate....This year seems a little more competitive than the last few years anyway...

I'd love to see both corps compete hard core with SCV and Bluecoats. To me I don't know that it will happen, but I see BK's design as the one when cleaned up that could do it. Both BAC and BK seem quite a bit more ensemble vis dirtier than Bluecoats, but time will tell. I am curious to see SCV again because based off my viewing of them in Denver I believe they could be competing for the 7 slot come finals night. Just a hunch. BAC and BK against SCV I give more of a chance, but just like in all predictions that may not pan either. We'll see.

WP

BK '97 '98

This is an interesting perspective...I was not even thinking about SCV at all. I like SCV's visual this year up until maybe the last minute of the show. Did they change the ending if you know? I'll have to see what I think at Allentown, but I'm not completely sold on SCV's music this year so anything is a possibility IMO.

I think that Boston and Bluecoats are close to the same level on show design. I thought Bluecoats have a nice show, but it just didn't blow me away like the last 2 years have. I have felt like every year for the last 6 or 7 years, that Bluecoats just kept getting better and better. I think as of now, last year may have been the plateau.

Considering I have not seen Bluecoats live I will reserve my opinion about them in reference to your point of plateauing last year. I will have to admit they really blew my face off last year and I was very excited for them. Last year may be a tough year to top considering their high level of talent. Did they have a lot of vet's returning this year do you know?

Interesting point...blue stars could be the dark horse candidate....This year seems a little more competitive than the last few years anyway...

It sure seems that way. BK, BAC, BS and G-men within 1.3 points at the moment, I know, different show and all. but out of these BK only gained .2 last night where the others went up over a point (yes different show, I know. But in Dallas most corps increased their scores 1-2 points as well)

San Antonio will be very exciting on many levels, that's for sure

It sure seems that way. BK, BAC, BS and G-men within 1.3 points at the moment, I know, different show and all. but out of these BK only gained .2 last night where the others went up over a point (yes different show, I know. But in Dallas most corps increased their scores 1-2 points as well)

San Antonio will be very exciting on many levels, that's for sure

To be honest there were only two top tier corps (Crown and Cadets) in Houston and they scored an 88+ tonight? That score is not going to hold up in SA most likely. When there are less big dog corps in the show the lower corps scores climb much faster. I am not saying that Blue Stars and Glassmen do not have a shot to be close to or beat BK or BAC, but the advancement in scores in one show vs. another is irrelevant. When all the corps are lined up in finals, we will get a true score as to where everyone lines up right now. As for speculation, I see BK and BAC battling for 8-9 in SA, G-men and BStars competing for 10-11 and Madison, Crossmen and maybe Colts competing for 12th.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

To be honest there were only two top tier corps (Crown and Cadets) in Houston and they scored an 88+ tonight? That score is not going to hold up in SA most likely. When there are less big dog corps in the show the lower corps scores climb much faster. I am not saying that Blue Stars and Glassmen do not have a shot to be close to or beat BK or BAC, but the advancement in scores in one show vs. another is irrelevant. When all the corps are lined up in finals, we will get a true score as to where everyone lines up right now. As for speculation, I see BK and BAC battling for 8-9 in SA, G-men and BStars competing for 10-11 and Madison, Crossmen and maybe Colts competing for 12th.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

BAC, BS and G-men have been in a lot af shows together, so from that perspective there might be relevance in in the scoring patterns. BK has been beaten in head to head by all of these 3 corps this year. I know Glassmen and BAC only went up against hem once, and BK outscored BS 6-2 but not by more than 1.05 points and that only in the first show. So I don't think it is that far fetched to say there could be more competitors for 8-9

Considering I have not seen Bluecoats live I will reserve my opinion about them in reference to your point of plateauing last year. I will have to admit they really blew my face off last year and I was very excited for them. Last year may be a tough year to top considering their high level of talent. Did they have a lot of vet's returning this year do you know?

The two things the Bluecoats have a lot of this year:

1. Talent

2. Rookies

The group of vets they have are phenomenal. If they can lead these rookies down the right path they could make a move. If not they'll be sitting in 7th.

The two things the Bluecoats have a lot of this year:

1. Talent

2. Rookies

The group of vets they have are phenomenal. If they can lead these rookies down the right path they could make a move. If not they'll be sitting in 7th.

Well that's true...... but Boston is in the same boat..