2008 Predictions

i thought Fred had left DCA over 2 years ago.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Tom!

No, I am not directly involved with the DCA organization any longer. I decided to move on to something else after the 2006 season.

You are correct, it would have been inappropriate to post as I now do if I was still in that capacity.

I am also a huge college football fan. Although my favorite team is Alabama, and they won't be at the top of any lists this year, I thoroughly enjoy rankings, game predictions, etc. It's stimulating, draws others in to the discussion, keeps things fresh, etc. I see no reason why predictions should not be a part our our "sport."

Everyone who reads here has similar predictions in their own mind. I see no problem with anyone who chooses to share them on a discussion board. Of course, staff persons, administrators, judges, etc. need to take a higher road, but even those individuals ponder about and decide what might happen as the season rolls along.

Thank you for challenging what might appear as bad form.

I find predictions entertaining and an inducement to visit places like this often.

since you put this much out there, who do you think is going to be those 3 guards then?

I should have known someone would ask! I think that the top 4 guards will be Bush, Bucs, Hurcs, and Cabs, but I wouldn't be surprised by any order of those 4 on finals night. With one guard judge and 4 groups that are very good, it's kind of the luck of the draw.

But! If I had to put money on it, I think I'd go:

1-Hurricanes

2-Bush and cabs

3-Bucs

I also love predictions--it's all in good fun, and even though I'm predicting a final order of Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs, Empire, Bush, it doesn't mean that I wouldn't be thrilled beyond belief if my Caballeros (or anyone else for that matter) pull ahead of Bucs, or if Renegades finish in the top 5, or if SoCal Dream makes it into the Open Class finals. I guess I love a surprise even more than I love a prediction.

Hello, Tom!

No, I am not directly involved with the DCA organization any longer. I decided to move on to something else after the 2006 season.

You are correct, it would have been inappropriate to post as I now do if I was still in that capacity.

I am also a huge college football fan. Although my favorite team is Alabama, and they won't be at the top of any lists this year, I thoroughly enjoy rankings, game predictions, etc. It's stimulating, draws others in to the discussion, keeps things fresh, etc. I see no reason why predictions should not be a part our our "sport."

Everyone who reads here has similar predictions in their own mind. I see no problem with anyone who chooses to share them on a discussion board. Of course, staff persons, administrators, judges, etc. need to take a higher road, but even those individuals ponder about and decide what might happen as the season rolls along.

Thank you for challenging what might appear as bad form.

I find predictions entertaining and an inducement .

Okay then, you aren't involved with DCA Marketing any longer.

But you're still a Buccaneer Alumnus right?

How "entertaining" of you to provide an "inducement to visit" the DCP Forums.

It's great that you would provide a prediction of the Other Half of DCA.

Only then did you include a prediction of the Bucs show (what, no 90?)

As an Empire Alumnus, it is my obligation to bust your chops for predicting they will be third - thank you for providing that "inducement."

How magnanimous and "entertaining" of you, as a de facto agent of the Buccaneer Alumni, to pat us all on the head like that. It must bring you great JOY.

This is the first sign of arrogance in the Blue Era.

By the way, I also have some experience with the Red Team in Syracuse.

Anyone remember the "A.B.B." movement?

Okay then, you aren't involved with DCA Marketing any longer.

But you're still a Buccaneer Alumnus right?

How "entertaining" of you to provide an "inducement to visit" the DCP Forums.

It's great that you would provide a prediction of the Other Half of DCA.

Only then did you include a prediction of the Bucs show (what, no 90?)

As an Empire Alumnus, it is my obligation to bust your chops for predicting they will be third - thank you for providing that "inducement."

How magnanimous and "entertaining" of you, as a de facto agent of the Buccaneer Alumni, to pat us all on the head like that. It must bring you great JOY.

This is the first sign of arrogance in the Blue Era.

By the way, I also have some experience with the Red Team in Syracuse.

Anyone remember the "A.B.B." movement?

I personally didn't see anything wrong with Fred's posts. Posting one's opinions and opening up discussions is what these forums were designed for in the first place. As for his predictions, so he has Bucs winning again this weekend. So what? Reading has quite an undefeated streak running right now that does not appear to be in any immediate danger, based on results so far this season. I'd say predicting their success is a fairly safe bet. Furthermore, in doing so, he did not belittle any of the other organizations in any way. You chose to take offense at where your alma mater happened to be forecasted. And quite honestly, it's your tone that is reflecting poorly on your former affiliations, not Fred's.

and predictions for the rest of the weekend . . . .

Chambersburg, PA

1. Buccaneers 88.200

2. Brigadiers 81.500

3. Bushwackers 81.300

4. Carolina Gold 70.450

5. White Sabers 67.500

South Milwaukee, WI

1. Minnesota Brass 81.500

2. Kilties 74.300

3. Chops, Inc. 68.650

4. Govenaires 65.100

5. Lakeshoremen 58.500

Houston, TX

1. Gulf Coast Sound 66.850

2. Frontier 62.500

3. Austin Stars 59.950

Racine, WI

1. Minnesota Brass 82.000

2. Kilties 75.200

3. Chops, Inc. 69.200

4. Govenaires 66.400

5. Lakeshoremen 58.750

Enjoy !

Fred,,

I see the logic in the way you determined scores.

In another thread I had predicted the Kilties would need to have a score between 73-75 to have a shot at finals.I did'nt just pull this number out of the air.I used basically the same formula and logic that you did at arriving at your numbers.

Nice job.It will be entertaining to come back and see how close you were.

And to the person who was talking about football and predictions.Ditto on that.This is all just for fun and speculation.Not one thing that is said on this board is going to change the outcome of the order of prelims or finals so lets have some fun with it.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with Fred's posts. Posting one's opinions and opening up discussions is what these forums were designed for in the first place. As for his predictions, so he has Bucs winning again this weekend. So what? Reading has quite an undefeated streak running right now that does not appear to be in any immediate danger, based on results so far this season. I'd say predicting their success is a fairly safe bet. Furthermore, in doing so, he did not belittle any of the other organizations in any way. You chose to take offense at where your alma mater happened to be forecasted. And quite honestly, it's your tone that is reflecting poorly on your former affiliations, not Fred's.

I pretty much agree with Fred's predictions, and agree with what you say Contraholic except my feelings are hurt that he did not rank Sound in his assessment. Yes! Shenandoah Sound is competing in Chambersburg this weekend. Go Sound! :tongue:

First of all . . .

Tom, yes. I did once march Buccaneers.

Dick,

I apologize for not including Shenandoah Sound in the predictions. I was working from a schedule/order of appearance print-out that is more than a month old. Sound is not listed for that event. So, here goes:

Chambersburg, PA

6. Shenandoah Sound 62.400