Anyone go to UGA here?

I am curious if anyone here on DCP goes to UGA.

I am basically wondering what sort of participation in drum corps you see from the UGA band. I am sure it was higher when Spirit was based in Atlanta, but now with Crown so close by (not that proximity matters these days), I am wondering how well UGA is represented.

I also have a few other questions, so if anyone currently at UGA can PM me, that would be swell.

kthnxbye.

:lookaround:

• 5 weeks later...

Nikk,

I know several folks from UGA that have marched DCI. I think in 2002 Cavies Drum Major was at UGA. Several folks from Spirit are still there. Some Glassmen folks have come through Athens as well. Hope this helps..

I know of a few current and former Cadets that go (went) there and I believe the DM for Phantom 03 goes (went) there as well. Im not sure when/if some of these people will/have gradute, but I do know that UGA does have a pretty decent amount of people that do or have done drum corps.

Michael Terry

Cadets baritone 2000-2007

Currently a grad student in the summer SEAT program working on my EdS... teach high school band in the Atlanta area. From what I hear, there aren't as many that do drum corps there as say, JSU where the marching program is more corps-oriented.

I'm a huge UGA fan. But I do know 3 CorpsVets that I've marched with (either 07 or 08) do go there currently but more do go to Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Alabama.

I am currently an undergrad at UGA and there are several that have recently marched DCI. These are the ones I know of. Including myself, I know of eleven that have marched Carolina Crown (including a drum major). I also know of four Cadets, several from Spirit, one from Capital Regiment, five or six Cavaliers (including a field conductor, but not the Drum Major from 2001 and 2003), one went to Vanguard, one went to Blue Devils, four went to Phantom (including the 2003 conductor), one from colts, one went to magic (one of the drum majors in 2005?), and a handful of open class members. It is also cool to note that of the four band directors one marched Madison 81-84, another marched Phantom 91-94 and was conductor at some point, and another marched Cadets 88-90 and I think he was the trumpet soloist in the 1990 show. Also, a former director marched Blue Knights in the early 90s. UGA also has had a handful of corps staff.

Hope that helps.

I am currently an undergrad at UGA and there are several that have recently marched DCI. These are the ones I know of. Including myself, I know of eleven that have marched Carolina Crown (including a drum major). I also know of four Cadets, several from Spirit, one from Capital Regiment, five or six Cavaliers (including a field conductor, but not the Drum Major from 2001 and 2003), one went to Vanguard, one went to Blue Devils, four went to Phantom (including the 2003 conductor), one from colts, one went to magic (one of the drum majors in 2005?), and a handful of open class members. It is also cool to note that of the four band directors one marched Madison 81-84, another marched Phantom 91-94 and was conductor at some point, and another marched Cadets 88-90 and I think he was the trumpet soloist in the 1990 show. Also, a former director marched Blue Knights in the early 90s. UGA also has had a handful of corps staff.

Hope that helps.

Wow, that's quite a handful of people who march DCI from UGA. Awesome.

UGA = :thumbup: for me. GO DAWGS!

I'm there right now (staying at a friend's apartment before I go back to school) but I don't go there. One of the guys in the apartment is in Redcoats but doesn't march DCI.