San Antonio Review

No, I just dont see a point in a review if the person wasn't there or the person hasn't seen the shows in person. Just MY opinion. Sorry but some of the things said in the review were just ridiculous to me. Sorry...

This is a useless review from videos on FanNatwork and I really think it was made just to knock some of the corps. Right after I read it I thought, this person is just trying to talk up her favorite corps and hate on others.

Come on. Crown..boring? Really? BD's show not hard and impressive?? What? Phantom has the hardest drill??? Cavies show worthy of a Championship?? Really, over BD and Phantom??

REALLY!?!

Shut up.

:grouphug:

Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't see the point of a review like this, then don't read it and/or don't be a b#tch about it.

I think I do a pretty decent job of keeping most things positive, unlike many other reviewers - including the reviewer that reviewed my review.

Since this is a question of whether or not I stand up for one corps and bash another, literally every corps but one had something positive said about them and most all had negatives as well. I'm not here to spread my bias (FYI - I think the Bluecoats performances I've seen have been pretty disappointing up until this point. I'm not afraid to go out on a limb and say that.) or encourage bashing anyone. I didn't say anything to discredit any corps or its members as you did, SopMaster. Take a step back and look at who ACTUALLY did that. Hint: read your comments.

So you don't like my thoughts. At least I can maintain my class.

Sorry to those who can't!

Edited by corps_forever07

If you don't see the point of a review like this, then don't read it and/or don't be a b#tch about it.

I think I do a pretty decent job of keeping most things positive

......?

I think I do a pretty decent job of keeping most things positive, unlike many other reviewers - including the reviewer that reviewed my review.

Since this is a question of whether or not I stand up for one corps and bash another, literally every corps but one had something positive said about them and most all had negatives as well. I'm not here to spread my bias (FYI - I think the Bluecoats performances I've seen have been pretty disappointing up until this point. I'm not afraid to go out on a limb and say that.) or encourage bashing anyone. I didn't say anything to discredit any corps or its members as you did, SopMaster. Take a step back and look at who ACTUALLY did that. Hint: read your comments.

So you don't like my thoughts. At least I can maintain my class.

Sorry to those who can't!

Well said...all the people who beyotch about reviews are just going to discourage people from reviewing in the future. BTW, are you going to march again?

We'll see. I broke both feet last summer and then again this summer and I reeeeally don't have the money to do it yet. I'll be taking my calcium, counting my pennies, and hoping!

Most likely, I'll find a way to march.

Edited by corps_forever07

corps_forever07 - thanks for the review and that is a very cool picture in your signature. It LOOKS loud!

Thats one of the coolest moments. Thats never been done and is super creative/innovative

That tenor-hold thing never been done? Really?

All I want to ask is, what were you watching?

The Cadets - I know that the majority of people hate the narration and I'm no different, but I'm looking past it tonight. I don't really have a whole lot to say though. They look huge. They're really good. Their high brass is phenomenal. There high brass sound bright and nasallyTheir colorguard is like late-ninties, early-millennium Cadets guards. And they talk a lot. That's it. It's a great show!

Santa Clara Vanguard - Pete Weber really outdid himself! That being said, it's dirty. The only reason this show isn't top 3 is it is dirty. And because their horns, guard, etc.. I'm loving this visual package more than anything. The uniforms, the guard, everything. Some inconsistencies in the hornline, but I'm nitpicking. Their show is by far one of my favorites of the night so far, and I don't see that changing. It's old school Vanguard at it's finest and toward the end of this decade. That's cool as hell and they were wonderful (minus the girl out of the diagonal that they did a close-up on at the end - oops).

Phantom Regiment - The show I've been waiting for. From when they walk on the field with the chains (amps?) and the slaves, they conveyed Spartacus so well. The new color scheme is absolutely perfect for them. The guard still blends into the field a bit, but they convey the image, so it almost doesn't even matter. The opening fanfare is sick and it's very apparent why they're scoring at the top in brass lately. Umm listen again, because the opening fanfare sounded sloppy in SA. It was unclear and frack city for the trumpets. They sounded tired and not as strong as I have heard them at other showsTheir feet look better than any corps (except for maybe The Cadets) and they're in white pants.WHAT!?! I cant even resong to that. The Cavies, Cadets, and BD have better feet. PS. All solid colors are easy to hide. Try a white strip down one leg Drill is harder than anyone so far and proportionately dirty.Harder? Maybe because they are making it look harder. Cavies, Cadets, and I would say Crown have more difficult visual programs They move. Some of the close-ups while doing so looked a little less than stellar in the upper body. Overall, what a phenomenal throwback and product in general. Phantom is the perfect example of taking entertainment and class and putting something great out on the field every year. This year epitomizes that statement.

Blue Devils - This show reminds me of Not the Nutcracker - weird for the sake of being weird - but much, much more intense and better. The thing the guard does with the tenors - lifting - is gimmicky and it takes away from the music. Thats one of the coolest moments. Thats never been done and is super creative/innovative The guard is great though. Fabulous use of color from the absurd unis to the flags. The tightrope effect is cool (a little reminiscent of the Bluecoats 07 jailbreak) and the running theme they do throughout is a good effect as well. The pit is strikingly good, but I thought the drumline sounded significantly more dirty than Phantom's.What is your background? Are you a percussionists or are you just putting this because you read it somewhere? Love the show, but not enough for it to win. You love the show huh? Hmmm...I smell a hater. Have you even seen the show live??? It just isn't hard and impressive enough for that. Again, what drugs are you doing? What a great ending though.

The Cavaliers - I don't like the samurai garb at all, unfortunately. The show, on the other hand, I do. The horns are s-o-l-i-d yeah solidly just okay...and the visual program is typical Cavaliers - hard, clean, good. Worthy of a championship, as it stands right now. HAHAHAHA I love the Cavies but this show doesnt TOUCH their 00, 02, 03, 04, or even 06 shows. I would venture to say that I like their Chicago show more than this yearsThere are a lot of little nuances that make this show and give it 'wow' factors. The thing is to make it consistently a 'wow' factor straight through the whole show. That's what shows like Four Corners and Frameworks had that this doesn't yet. Overall, a fantastic show, all things aside. Yeah, a fanstastic VISUAL package and thats it

Carolina Crown - Why are they performing last? I thought this show was boring. OMG, are you serious?! I cant even respond to that..A show about finishing, you would think it'd be okay, but it was boring. Brass was good. Visual, not as good as Cavaliers. That's all I really have to say. It just bored me. Not a hater, just bored. No, you're a hater

All I have to say is, thank the Lord on high that you are not a DCI judge.

Dude. Seriously. You need to relax a little.

We'll see. I broke both feet last summer and then again this summer and I reeeeally don't have the money to do it yet. I'll be taking my calcium, counting my pennies, and hoping!

Most likely, I'll find a way to march.

Youch! Sounds like you need to lay off the extreme sports :)...I almost missed marching star cuz I thought I'd be a bad azz and do a 14 mile march on a bum ankle 3 weeks before move in...whole milk is the key ;)