shocked

Just for one show, could we determine the placements by an applause meter rather than the technological left footed half step, decibel metered, angular projected, parallactic visual observations. Maybe for once, the majority of paying customers in the stands miight be in agreement who was the best corps. Even if the only explanation was that "they just liked them"{

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and I agree - especially about BK beating Boston. Never should have happened. BK is clean but typically boring again. Phantom is better than Crown.

Here is at least part of the answer - Visual Performance Judge = William Chumley. William Chumley instructs at least two high school guards in Denver, Colorado and was the head of a guard circuit for 20 years that is associated with the Blue Knights (source = google).

Visual Performance Score BK up a point for prior BAC down half a point from prior = 1.5 point swing.

Result = placement in this Friday's Show, $ for show and I woud assume mid year DVD which will be pimped over the loudspeaker to no end at the Atlanta show.

Good work Chumley!

Not as in your face out to lunch as the judging at the Madison show (view DCI recap & prior post on this site) but certainly just as sad.

Another nice show BAC, congrat's on the performance

(Note: Recap for Madison show does not open at this time on the DCI site, interesting)

as for Crown, I am enjoying them this year as there is much less choreographed show hype and more just getting the job done on the field.

Edited by KevinRomano

I was there and I agree - especially about BK beating Boston. Never should have happened. BK is clean but typically boring again.

Between being clean and being boring, which do you think is more objective? Having answered that, what do you think is more likely to be rewarded by the scores, execution or personal entertainment? I haven't seen either show yet this year, but the "so-and-so should have won because I enjoyed their show more" argument doesn't work when the person next to you enjoyed the opposite corps that you did.

Here is at least part of the answer - Visual Performance Judge = William Chumley. William Chumley instructs at least two high school guards in Denver, Colorado and was the head of a guard circuit for 20 years that is associated with the Blue Knights (source = google).

Visual Performance Score BK up a point for prior BAC down half a point from prior = 1.5 point swing.

Result = placement in this Friday's Show, $ for show and I woud assume mid year DVD which will be pimped over the loudspeaker to no end at the Atlanta show.

Good work Chumley!

Not as in your face out to lunch as the judging at the Madison show (view DCI recap & prior post on this site) but certainly just as sad.

(Note: Recap for Madison show does not open at this time on the DCI site, interesting)

as for Crown, I am enjoying them this year as there is much less choreographed show hype and more just getting the job done on the field.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good work Chumley!

I agree with MINIMASTER, you have no idea what you are talking about. Your google information is extremely incorrect.

Edited by The Green Cymbal

Phantom is better than Crown.

orly?

First of all baristeve, you "are" cooler in person. and yes you are crazy for thinking such things

Okay, so with all the moaning and groaning about visual judges and GE judges having a guard background, not one of you brings up the point that Scot Chandler runs the visual and program of Blue Devils. Any person that knows anything about color guard, knows that Scot Chandler is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest name in Color Guard. But we don't talk about that, because saying anything against the beloved BD would be terrible! I personally feel that Chandler has done some amazing stuff with BD... but OMG! He's a guard person! Run in terror everyone!

To call guard a "dance ensemble" is a very narrow minded view. Yes, the guard does dance, and it is an intrigal part of the performance. However, they are not JUST dancing! Or are the rifles, sabers and flags that keep popping up nothing more than a figment of our imaiginations???