New People

My family has been involved in Drum Corps since the 1950's when my brother marched....I'm sorry, I don't know who he marched for, was a corps out of LaCrosse Wisconsin, might have been the Legion or VFW ????

Probably the Blackhawks, a junior corps who eventually were eclipsed by the Blue Stars. Possibly the LaCrosse Commanders senior corps, sponsored by the Heileman brewery and affiliated with the American Legion post. There was also a junior corps, the Applearrows, across the river in LaCrescent MN. The Blue Stars website says the Applearrows merged with the Blue Stars colorguard to form their corps.

Edited by HornsUp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! My name is Kitty and I'm 17. I'm from Jersey. This past season I marched for the Bushwackers. I was in the cymbal line. I'm actually going to get another DCA year under my belt before I go looking at Junior Corps.

Hey there! My name is Kitty and I'm 17. I'm from Jersey. This past season I marched for the Bushwackers. I was in the cymbal line. I'm actually going to get another DCA year under my belt before I go looking at Junior Corps.

KITTY! Welcome to DCP :cool: Sorry I didn't get to march with you guys this summer :w00t:

hello all!

this'll be my first post, yay!

i've only marched one season, so far, but i hope to get the chance to march -counts summers left- ...four more.

Spirit colorguard '08.

• 1 month later...

in sig

Bonus Year 2010!

Trying to scrape the money together to make it out to first round auditions!!

Hopes yall are well

• 1 month later...

hey im michael i've been a drum corps fan since i was in the 7th grade and im a cavie fan... when i first saw them i was completely blown away by how they marched and sounded so yeah... and im a senior now in high school... i play the clarinet learning how to play trumpet/baritone... im from houston... and i completely feel in love with marching when i watched my older brother march in his band when i was in 7th grade... yeah marching to me is life its my all time favorite sport

Highlights of my drum corps background:

- Alabama Charioteers D&B Corps - Charter member 1971-1975, Percussion staff 1976

- Imperial Guard D&B Corps, Evansville, IN - Percussion Staff 1979-1980

- Southwind D&B Corps, Montgomery, AL - Founder/Executive Director 1980-1982

- Memphis Blues Brass Band D&B Corps - Public Relations Director, Tour Staff 1982-1983

- Southwind D&B Corps, Montgomery, AL - Management Consulant, Tour Staff, Driver 1989-1997

- Cadets D&B Corps, Hackensack, NJ - Driver, Tour Staff, Transportation Coordinator (Buses) 1998-2004

• 2 months later...

I'm Sean. I've enjoyed reading the interesting exchanges on these forums for a while and finally decided to register. I marched with the San Diego Earthquake in 1998 for the California tour. The last weekend of the Cali tour I was informed that the Blue Devils had a Euph spot open. I auditioned in the parking lot at San Jose, made the corps, and hopped on the bus for Nats tour with 3 days worth of clothes. After taking 1999 off (my biggest regret in life to date), I marched from 2000-2002 and aged out a Blue Devil. I became a visual tech for Esperanza in 2004 and worked with that corps until they went inactive in 2007. This summer (2009) I will be a visual tech with the Madison Scouts and hope to continue teaching for many years to come.

I'm Sean. I've enjoyed reading the interesting exchanges on these forums for a while and finally decided to register. I marched with the San Diego Earthquake in 1998 for the California tour. The last weekend of the Cali tour I was informed that the Blue Devils had a Euph spot open. I auditioned in the parking lot at San Jose, made the corps, and hopped on the bus for Nats tour with 3 days worth of clothes. After taking 1999 off (my biggest regret in life to date), I marched from 2000-2002 and aged out a Blue Devil. I became a visual tech for Esperanza in 2004 and worked with that corps until they went inactive in 2007. This summer (2009) I will be a visual tech with the Madison Scouts and hope to continue teaching for many years to come.

Sean,

Welcome to the registered side.... :lookaround:

Good luck in the 2009 season! :blink:

Yours in Corps,

Tony ;-)

Sean,

Welcome to the registered side.... :thumbup:

Good luck in the 2009 season! :thumbup:

Yours in Corps,

Tony ;-)

Thanks Tony! I can't wait for the summer. I hope you enjoy the show!