Why is it...?

The difference here is that the Yankees have the biggest payroll in MLB and the Patriots are cheaters.

Both are true, but we wouldn't care about either if those organizations weren't winning on the field.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I won't deny how great they are, they, much like Cavies this year, don't do much for me with the show design. But, it won't be the first time the championship show is far from a favorite of mine. Life goes on.

You can count on one hand the number of years where the DCI Champion was also the Corps that was the national fans choice for most entertaining Corps of the year in that year.

:thumbup:

Man, right on the head! Well said! A music director recently told me that there are only a hand full for corps designers who design at the level of the top 5/6 corps. It's hard to believe, but if the same corps are on top every year, what else can we think. Nobody is giving these top corps anything, they are earning in design and performance. Every corps does have the same chance, they all have good players, good equipment, good support groups, good opportunities, they play at the same venues, same size field, basically same instruments. The difference is show/music designers, period! Look at Boston, BK, Blue Stars and crown....they have great designs this year and people know it. Give the players a show and they will perform it, and take home a title, it's that simple. I know several members in different corps who love their corps, love what they are doing, but are held back by designers who are "also rans" (horse racing term). Simply said, it's the design stupid!

Most of the things I have read on here I agree with, or can understand the emotions behind, but this post I couldn't agree with more. Unfortunately in this day and age there are only three or four corps who have any shot at taking the title. While I agree with the fact that the differences in design are huge between the upper and lower corps, there is a huge difference in the talent that all of the corps attract. If corps like the Cadets and Devils attract 300+ potential members to auditions while the Troopers have to post requests for guard members here after the start of the season realistically there is no way these groups can can have membership on the same talent level. Not to mention differences in rehearsal times, housing facilities, etc..

Both are true, but we wouldn't care about either if those organizations weren't winning on the field.

Actually, the Detriot Tigers have the highest team payroll in MLB now, not the NY Yankees. (But why quibble. It still works in the excuse- making dept. for the also rans baseball team's fan bases.)

Find a champion..... and you'll always find naysayers around the fringe looking to try and tear them down, and with ready made excuses as to why their favorite team isn't there.

Edited by BRASSO

Actually, the Detriot Tigers have the highest team payroll in MLB now, not the NY Yankees. (But why quibble. It still works in the excuse- making dept. for the also rans baseball team's fan bases.)

Find a champion..... and you'll always find naysayers around the fringe looking up at them to try and tear them down.

I by no means am a fan of BD I think I can count on 1 hand the shows Ive liked . Also sick of hearing the Cadet Bashing. BUT.....like always, its always a battle of the HAVES AND HAVE NOT'S AND LIKE LITTLE LEAGUE IT ALL COMES FROM THE STANDS.

Also ashamed to say I include myself in it.

I by no means am a fan of BD I think I can count on 1 hand the shows Ive liked . Also sick of hearing the Cadet Bashing. BUT.....like always, its always a battle of the HAVES AND HAVE NOT'S AND LIKE LITTLE LEAGUE IT ALL COMES FROM THE STANDS.

Also ashamed to say I include myself in it.

Yes. And naturally, the " haves " want to keep what they have succeeded in acquiring, and the " have nots " will naturally continue to scheme to try and take it away from them.

competition.

Edited by BRASSO

Notre Dame's football team sucks right now, but I still hate them, and always will. I'm glad they suck. I hope they keep sucking.

What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure. :thumbup:

Fran

Notre Dame's football team sucks right now, but I still hate them, and always will. I'm glad they suck. I hope they keep sucking.

What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure. :thumbup:

Fran

I like how you think re. ND, Fran. We are kindred spirits on this anyway..... haha

What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure. :smile:

Fran

You probably hate them because - while they were good once upon a time - it's been years since they've accomplished anything, yet that still doesn't stop their fans and alumni from demanding adoration and special considerations.

No, that doesn't sound like any drum corps I can think of.... :thumbup: