Blue Stars Fan Network

The Blue Stars posted a video on their fan network today of the corps director, Brad Furlano, speaking to the corps before the San Antonio night show. It appears as if he got quite emotional while telling the kids that this would be the first World Class (D1) finals show for the Blue Stars in 28 years.

I think it is remarkable what the Blue Stars are close to pulling off this year. What a great story. Thank you to all the kids who marched, staff and volunteers who kept the corps going (and in such a quality manner) after they dropped to DIII (and DII). I hope all the alumni who marched during the past 40 plus years are enjoying this season.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an alumni I just cried like a baby for the first time this season.

Yup, only available to people with Fan Natwork Subscriptions.

28 years is along time. Congrats, Blue Stars. It's great to see how much it meant to your director.

Blue Stars have to be the DCI story of the year.

hmn..... I don't know about that. I'd agree that the Blue Stars emergence from semi finalist to perhaps finalist is a wonderful story.

But it seems to me that DCI's decision to not broadcast the Finals either live or on taped delay via either PBS, or ESPN this year is a bigger story.

That fits the bill better as " DCI Story of the Year ", as it has perhaps much wider future implications for the entire Drum Corps activity as a whole in my view.

Edited by BRASSO