Blue Stars Fan Network

What a difference 10 years can make for two organizations. I marched St. Johns the summer of 1998.

1998 Division III Prelims

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars have to be the DCI story of the year.

Heck they have to be the DCI story of the DECADE! Blue Stars WILL be in finals come August 9th and I'll be there screaming in the stands for a great corps.

I remember when Blue Stars returned to Division I in 2006. As they marched onto the Quarterfinals field in Madison, they got a bigger ovation than Madison did. Everybody was glad to see the corps back in the big time. Imagine what it's going to be like in Bloomington should they make Finals this year.

I remember when Blue Stars returned to Division I in 2006. As they marched onto the Quarterfinals field in Madison, they got a bigger ovation than Madison did. Everybody was glad to see the corps back in the big time. Imagine what it's going to be like in Bloomington should they make Finals this year.

I don't think my daughter will ever forget that time in Madison. It was one of those occasions when the crowd was so loud, the corps couldn't even hear itself play.

I know Blue Stars performance at Championships in 2006 nearly brought me to tears - for a number of reasons. That was my daughter's first year with the corps, and I was so proud of her. She was only 14, and was doing an awesome job. Also, when I started marching in 1978, I worshiped the field the Blue Stars marched on. Sadly, a few years later, the corps I was marching with was beating the Blue Stars. Seeing one of the great corps that were total drum corps gods to me as a child return to their former competitive greatness was simply magical.

The executive director, Brad Furlano, was the drum major of the corps from 1982 to 1993. He and his family have been very involved with the corps for decades. It's no surprise to me at all to see him get emotional about the prospects this year.

I don't have access to the video from where I am right now, but I assume when I can view it later today at my hotel I'll probably be balling like a baby. WHY? Because THIS is what the spirit of drum corps is all about. I absolutely LOVE the activity because of stories like this. I don't know much about the Blue Stars but it sure is exciting to see this happening.

Good job you guys!! From an olllllllllllllld VK'er....

The executive director, Brad Furlano, was the drum major of the corps from 1982 to 1993. He and his family have been very involved with the corps for decades. It's no surprise to me at all to see him get emotional about the prospects this year.

Wait...he was DM at the age of 11?

I don't have access to the video from where I am right now, but I assume when I can view it later today at my hotel I'll probably be balling like a baby. WHY? Because THIS is what the spirit of drum corps is all about. I absolutely LOVE the activity because of stories like this. I don't know much about the Blue Stars but it sure is exciting to see this happening.

Good job you guys!! From an olllllllllllllld VK'er....

Maybe we will see VK back in World Class in the not too distant future.