Why don't drum corps play jazz anymore?

I totally agree. It seems that the concern with cleanliness makes it difficult for jazz to persist. I mean after all, jazz is a bit loose. I wish there was more stuff like Bluecoats 06 or Scouts 03. I would think that even vocals could add to it (singing jazz rythms?).

Hell have a straight up jazz singer. Could you imagine what a corps could do with "Blues in the Night" with a singer on the 50. If you don't like that, and you're too much of a lamewad to like that, then you must hate music.

Hell have a straight up jazz singer. Could you imagine what a corps could do with "Blues in the Night" with a singer on the 50. If you don't like that, and you're too much of a lamewad to like that, then you must hate music.

OK.. so we are going to add a vocalist, under the age of 22, that is learning their craft to a drum corps that can't swing.

Now the adjudicators will truly have a challenge

When I'm listening to old Metallica, I don't want to hear a killer trumpet run in the middle of it...when I'm listening to Beethoven, I don't want to hear a screaming guitar solo in the middle of it...

leave the singer off the field....no, I don't hate music.

guess I'm a lamewad :tongue:

When I'm listening to old Metallica, I don't want to hear a killer trumpet run in the middle of it...when I'm listening to Beethoven, I don't want to hear a screaming guitar solo in the middle of it...

leave the singer off the field....no, I don't hate music.

guess I'm a lamewad :tongue:

I've heard a concerto for electric guitar and orchestra, it's QUITE good

Also, Metallica played with an orchestra and did that whole big thing back in the 90s, it was pretty successful

How 'bout them apples?!?!?!?!?! ;-)

1) It's too hard to clean... as if a tour hat isn't

2) It doesn't win

3) Jazz actually incites a crowd to react... Oh my!

4) It doesn't win

5) It's not "pure"... So?

6) It doesn't win

7) Jazz is a bad word... 90 years ago

8) It doesn't win

9) It's a national security risk... just ask TSA, they'll explain it all to you.

10) It doesn't win

I've heard a concerto for electric guitar and orchestra, it's QUITE good

Also, Metallica played with an orchestra and did that whole big thing back in the 90s, it was pretty successful

How 'bout them apples?!?!?!?!?! ;-)

those aren't apples...they are orapples...oranges and apples combined...I like apples...I like oranges. I don't necessarily like eating them both at the same time...(i do like mixing apple sauce and macaroni and cheese though...)

I just don't want drum corps bastardized any more than it has already been...

1) It's too hard to clean... as if a tour hat isn't

2) It doesn't win

3) Jazz actually incites a crowd to react... Oh my!

4) It doesn't win

5) It's not "pure"... So?

6) It doesn't win

7) Jazz is a bad word... 90 years ago

8) It doesn't win

9) It's a national security risk... just ask TSA, they'll explain it all to you.

10) It doesn't win

I can disagree with your even-numbered points in 12 different ways. :tongue:

OK.. so we are going to add a vocalist, under the age of 22, that is learning their craft to a drum corps that can't swing.

Now the adjudicators will truly have a challenge

Nah, they'd just slot the #### out of them, like always.

Or if it's the Cadets, they'll put them in the top 3. :tongue:

those aren't apples...they are orapples...oranges and apples combined...I like apples...I like oranges. I don't necessarily like eating them both at the same time...(i do like mixing apple sauce and macaroni and cheese though...)

I just don't want drum corps bastardized any more than it has already been...

Wait, so what's the problem with a Concerto for electric guitar and orchestra? It's all music my brother, chill out, lean back, enjoy life :)

Edited by jeterbeater

Oh great. Any Cadets comments yet? No, I'm the first.... :tongue::tongue: