Opera / Theatre / Ballet / Symphony / Sinfonietti / Jazz Clubs / Museu

Why not? I have an appreciation for all things music and performing arts related, I think it's all great :laughing:

I do too now that I've learned to use ear plugs when my 4th grade clarinets are learning to go over the break or the 1st week I hand out song flutes to the 2nd grade.

Talk about long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You just made my point. Nuff said. Go ahead and present that to someone who shows up expecting La Bohemme. (sp)

La Boheme

And that's not the point. Everyone has expectations, and chances the audience had an idea going in, and if they didn't who cares? Eric Whitacre has been pretty successful, and from what I've heard so has his opera. I don't understand what exactly you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure it's off topic like the rest of your posts.

Please people, this thread has nothing to do with heightened pluralism in drum corps, merely what people on this board happen to like and attend!!!!!!!!

At least we managed to go one page on topic :laughing:

Edited by jeterbeater

Why not? I have an appreciation for all things music and performing arts related, I think it's all great :laughing:

Maybe I'm just an optimist. I love drum corps, and I love many many many other things. Maybe it just makes me sad when I see someone belittle something I love, why can't we all just get along :doh:

If you're such an optimist, why the name calling? Maybe it makes people angry when somebody calls them dumb.

Do you see what I'm saying? You're concerned about people belittling something you love. People here are offended because you belittled them ... directly. Then you cry "why can't we all get along?" :ph34r::ph34r:

If you're such an optimist, why the name calling? Maybe it makes people angry when somebody calls them dumb.

Do you see what I'm saying? You're concerned about people belittling something you love. People here are offended because you belittled them ... directly. Then you cry "why can't we all get along?" :laughing::doh:

Who's calling anyone dumb?

Post-modernism, baby!

We live in a pluralist age, that's why women and brown people are allowed to vote :laughing:

Hey Jeeter...this has NOTHING to do with freedom to vote or our right to having another opinion other than the majority. You can be as pluralistic as you want... but this is DRUM CORPS...not marching band, an opera company, or the ballet. YOU are entitled to your opinion as everyone else...but if you bring it in here and start talking about OTHER art forms then guess what...you're going to get flamed. Nuff said.

Who's calling anyone dumb?

You. And thank you for finally responding.

I'm kind of curious, let's see where this takes us, but I'm curious as to what arts and what not you all support. I've seen a lot of really irreverent comments made on this board, here are some examples.

"Drum corps is becoming like the Opera"

"I don't pay to see ballet froo froo"

Etc etc, things like this, and comments like this just strike me and incredibly ignorant

Hey Jeeter...this has NOTHING to do with freedom to vote or our right to having another opinion other than the majority. You can be as pluralistic as you want... but this is DRUM CORPS...not marching band, an opera company, or the ballet. YOU are entitled to your opinion as everyone else...but if you bring it in here and start talking about OTHER art forms then guess what...you're going to get flamed. Nuff said.

Right, and I made this thread asking what ballets, musicals, etc that people have gone to lately and what they like, you silly goose :laughing:

What are you getting all riled up about?

Maybe I'm just an optimist. I love drum corps, and I love many many many other things. Maybe it just makes me sad when I see someone belittle something I love, why can't we all just get along :laughing:

Think of this statement next time you make an unprovoked belittling, berating, or insulting statement. If you choose to be disingenuous about this, perhaps you're posting just to get attention? Here's hoping everyone (including myself) refrains from further encouragement.

You just made my point. Nuff said. Go ahead and present that to someone who shows up expecting La Bohemme. (sp)

How and why would that happen?

Right, and I made this thread asking what ballets, musicals, etc that people have gone to lately and what they like, you silly goose :laughing:

What are you getting all riled up about?

Goose, Goose, Goose. Ok I'll back off the flamethrower but you "should", not "do" (freedom of speech) not make statements like WE all need to go get some "culture". Period.