• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked her calls this years.......

18.4 cadets

18.6 crown

not like one bit

Edited by Cop

Wow, congrats to Phantom in percussion! Maybe they really will have a good chance of taking the trophy this year. I'm glad Crown went from 6th to 3rd as well in percussion. Congrats to Crossmen again for making finals!

I am very happy for the BD win and I am not particularly a Phan . . . but I felt like they clearly had the better show tonight in most respects. Phantom needs to bring their colorguard up to the level of the rest of the corps. First, you can't see them because their uniforms (sweet though they may be) blend into the field. Second, they are dramatically superior to every other guard in DCI, but they do not achieve on a level high enough for a ring at this point.

After what I saw tonight, I think that is too bad. They are otherwise so awesome this year!

huh? i've seen both in person. i don't think so. phantom's guard is their weak link. acting = good, equipment = not so much.

How can one judge be totally opposite of another in the same caption at the same show? The GE judges are inconsistent and I don't get how PR got the brass number they did it ought to be a bit higher.

As good as PR,Crown and BD are, expect flops all the way until finals night. Crown and Phantom are getting the nod in the Music sub caption while BD is up high in the Tech portion. Not quite sure of that one. :laughing:

Again, notice how Regiment"s draw may have affected them a bit tonight. On 5th from the end while Crown and BD were the last two can affect the judges numbers early on. May have been the difference in the 1st and 3rd given that they were only .2 apart.

I think Phantom has the best shot back to back given recent shows like last night. Same field brass judge tonight, got in different places, different scores.

At least he calls it like he sees it. I like that!

I dunno, BD is just kinda there.... Clean, yes, but not that exciting... Maybe it's the SCV in me, but I don't see how they are scoring GE anymore... seriously. I thought I did once upon a time, but now? Not so much. To me, Phantom should be winning GE by lots.

the ge questions about bd have been there since the mid 70's.

Ah, good ol' Debbie Torched-Ya was judging guard tonight.

That explains a lot.

It's adsurbity, according to our Mr. Brandt.

(GRRRRRRR)

TUX TAILS!

TIGHTROPE WALKER is the metaphor for the POET!

the POET is a metaphor for LIFE.

(it's deep)

Tightrope walker could be at a CIRCUS where there is a RINGMASTER who wares TUX TAILS!

Life is a Circus!

Follow the story! Do you see Charlie Chaplin out there? Thats in the show too!

Dang hicks can't follow a poem from the Califor-I A team..._

Edited by Cop

Ah, good ol' Debbie Torched-Ya was judging guard tonight.

That explains a lot.

Will the boston fans start another judge firing thread? those are fun. :laughing: