Scarlett O'Hara's

Phantoms early start does indeed efect their scores. They would be over a point on Crown and probably over Cavies at this point. No way Phantom was 3rd in brass. BD gets the benefit of a late start on brass scores. Just think of what the spread would be if phantom started just before BD especially in percussion.

BD would probably still be winning but the gap will be closer.

Well if Phantom continues to close the gap with Cavies you will get your wish! From my spies at the show they said BD, Phantom, and Crown brass all sounded amazing. Obviously the styles of the three corps are so different but my friends said they had no idea which of the three would take brass tonight. I was told BD percussion has a lot of cleaning to do. Do people think this is true or is it their book is just not as good?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FTC

Now that is funny.

Will the boston fans start another judge firing thread? those are fun. :laughing:

People that are with the corp have nothing to do with judge firing comments. These are people outside the corp and like all the rest of the opinion that are posted, are people rights to voice their views.

I dunno, BD is just kinda there.... Clean, yes, but not that exciting... Maybe it's the SCV in me, but I don't see how they are scoring GE anymore... seriously. I thought I did once upon a time, but now? Not so much. To me, Phantom should be winning GE by lots.

It is the SCV in you. This is BD's most exciting show IMHO in years. I also love Phantom, but they are not quite there yet. THey could be a 2 more weeks though.

Ahhhh... almost time for my favorite '08 musical moment! (The Boxer)

mine too :)

People that are with the corp have nothing to do with judge firing comments. These are people outside the corp and like all the rest of the opinion that are posted, are people rights to voice their views.

I get jokes.

I was told BD percussion has a lot of cleaning to do. Do people think this is true or is it their book is just not as good?

If you look at what BD battery is doing on the field in terms of physical effects (all pointing toward BD's consistent domination of GE & Visual) its probably a trade off. It's such a well designed, extremely difficult and balanced (no pun intended) show, collectively (all moving parts). For example, assume PR tenors do a solo (just straight up laying it down, nothing physically unusual) then compare that to BDs tenors doing a solo with guard rotating the tenors. Obviously note for note its not possible to compare the two, one is executed putting smiles on the faces of tenor players everywhere, the other is executed putting smiles on the faces of everyone else (the less technically sophisticated). That is the risking absurdity part, just like the poet and the tight rope walker. That said, PRs line is amazing.

I dunno, BD is just kinda there.... Clean, yes, but not that exciting... Maybe it's the SCV in me, but I don't see how they are scoring GE anymore... seriously. I thought I did once upon a time, but now? Not so much. To me, Phantom should be winning GE by lots.

That's the thing about GE....NO ONE UNDERSTANDS IT!! And if they say they do I would love for them to explain certain outcomes over the years which blow my mind...Just like last night for example: Cavaliers over Crown in Music ge?? What the hell? And those are two experienced judges giving those numbers. And didn't Crown beat them in music?? Like I said, it makes no sense..

DCI judging...Amazing hornline + great theme + solid percussion + connection with audience = 4th in music ge.

And I agree on Phantom..They are selling their show from the moment they step on the field.

Just my opinion-Music GE

1. Phantom

2. Crown

3. BD

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

Visual GE

1. Cavaliers

2. BD

3. Phantom

4. Cadets