"Phantom" or "Regiment"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tomb. :laughing::thumbup::ph34r:

The Tomb. :laughing::thumbup::ph34r:

My lovely bride, a Regiment alumna, disagrees with your statement.

Garry in Vegas

For quite some time, the organization had two (or three) corps.

Phantom Regiment

Phantom Regiment Cadets

Phantom Regiment Pre-Cadets

Many families had kids in more than one of the corps, and it became habit among them to refer to the different programs simply as "Regiment", "Cadets" and "Pre-Cadets".

Meanwhile, out in fandom, there have been a number of other corps with "regiment" in their name, but hardly any with "phantom", so fans have tended to use the more unique component of the name as an abbreviation.

spot on. when I worked with PRC it was always...that's the Cadets' stuff and that's Regiment's stuff. Internally. it's been Regiment, Cadets...by the time I worked with Cadets there no longer was a Pre-Cadets.

Or often times not phans but just everyone else.

Much like Nikk, I've always used this as a way to immediately know if the person speaking/writing about the corps was ever actually in or very close to the organization. It's usually a pretty solid indicator. But see..... now that the secret's out, we could start having more imposters. And it's not quite as subtle to come right out and ask the person in question if they know what SUTA means. :tongue:

Marched four years and I don't recall any distinction of what we called ourselves....

... hmmm think.. think..

Marched four years and I don't recall any distinction of what we called ourselves....

... hmmm think.. think..

GOT IT!!

call to attention was always-- "REGIMENT - Aten-Hut"

There it is...

So, of course, that is how we are defined.

SUTA

The t in "Phantom" is silent...

I hate when announcers do that. I've also heard announcers say "Sanna Clara Vanguard".

We, in the Scouts, always called them Phantom. So did people I knew in other corps. We always referred to other corps as, Star, Santa Clara, Garfield, Cavies, Spirit, Suncoast, BD, VK, 27, etc.... just short names. I think the two coolest names in DCI are Phantom Regiment and Santa Clara Vanguard.

I just have to say I freakin' love Phantom's show this year. I hope they win it all.

... hmmm think.. think..

Right. Hmmm..... What was I thinking? There's no secret to get out.

I use to have a girlfriend in Regiment and she always referred to her corps in that manner. I just got use to it and if you read my posts I always refer to the Rockford team as Regiment.

team?

/sarcasm