Quarterfinals seeding and high afternoon Regional scores

Does anyone know what score will be used for seeding of the four corps that perform twice at regionals? I see two choices and neither of them is going to be fair. If you use highest score of the day then Blue Stars victory over BAC in the night show is negated (both had higher scores in the afternoon). Also the nearly three point spread that the Blue Knight had last night would be .1. If you use last score of the day then Scouts pass Crossmen and Glassmen when they did not in the head-to-head.

I don’t see any equitable solution. Averaging both scores brings in a little of both problems above. Using ordinals? Negates some of the huge spreads…

I don't think it will make any difference what scores are used for any of the corps. Based on numerous competitions that I have had the opportunity to view, it seems that early on the judges had determined the corps that will perform on Saturday in August. Reviewing the scores tabulated by the individual judges clearly indicate the corps -that regardless of how well they perform-receive favorable placement by that judge. It is sad that the "lower" corps, most that have crowd pleasing shows are not rewarded for their entertainment value they provide for the crowd. I agree with a previous posting that since the number of corps have declined, let everyone perform! The financial impact of this season will most likely cause several corps to fold after this season. Why would a corp that can clearly see they are never going to receive favorable scores to make a Saturday performance want to return next year.

I don't think it will make any difference what scores are used for any of the corps. Based on numerous competitions that I have had the opportunity to view, it seems that early on the judges had determined the corps that will perform on Saturday in August. Reviewing the scores tabulated by the individual judges clearly indicate the corps -that regardless of how well they perform-receive favorable placement by that judge. It is sad that the "lower" corps, most that have crowd pleasing shows are not rewarded for their entertainment value they provide for the crowd. I agree with a previous posting that since the number of corps have declined, let everyone perform! The financial impact of this season will most likely cause several corps to fold after this season. Why would a corp that can clearly see they are never going to receive favorable scores to make a Saturday performance want to return next year.

wow. someones bitter. Why would they want to come back? Because most who march realize that drum corps is a hell of a lot more than scores. The experience is amazing and the things you learn you keep forever, regardless of whether you place 1st or 20th. I never marched finals, but you can #### well believe that i'd come back and march those years again, as they were the best summers of my life.

Edited by alarson83

Several Corps have been in only 13 shows this year and will not make Finals. Some of them have crowd pleasing shows. And they kept a handle on gas and touring costs and keeping the kids fresh. They will be back because it's not predominantly about placements and scoring. It's about pleasing the crowd, and a learning environment for the kids. And they are happy with that. And these Corps, no doubt, will be back next year.

Edited by BRASSO