Why does it take so long for DCA to put up the recap?

When doing a USSBA show, We call, Fax, or email the scores, Award sheets, and Recaps in Immediately after the show to the office. It only takes a little bit of time from one person to post them on the website..

I understand that the webmaster is doing double duty, and drives long distances, etc., but like I said it only takes one person to post them. I'm sure that someone in the office could do that. Maybe give them Friday off and ask for a couple of hours Saturday night or Sunday morning. :tongue:

what office is this that you speak of? everyone who works for DCA except maybe some judges were working last night

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah real tough. EQUIPMENT?

It's a laptop with a wireless card in it. Oh, the horror. DCA can't afford a freakin laptop? Heck, I'd do it for free!

awesome. feel free to buy the laptops and agree to be on duty every saturday night!

they must have gotten your donation then :tongue:

I heard DCA is upgrading from tin cans and string to a Commodore 64 and a new TANDY Computer with a 5 1/2" floppy.

No,,that was NASA you heard about. :tongue:

Yeah. Amazing that some people actually think DCA has an "office" full of career full-time staff (like DCI or the two big band circuits).

DCA does an extraordinary job with limited and volunteer resources.

Equipment is loaned, etc. Our DCA show tonight? A Kiltie loaned the printer for the computer to print recaps. Tabulator was a volunteer. At a DCI show, you have, what? Paid staff to plug in and stare at the Tabulatron9000?

And, we do a pretty good job on DCP of getting scores around. The news gets out fast enough.

Actually, that was my laptop/ wireless card/ and printer for both shows ~

awesome. feel free to buy the laptops and agree to be on duty every saturday night!

I only need my own laptop for this...all DCA has to do is to get the webmaster to call me to explain to me how to put the scores up, and to have someone call me from each show site during retreat to tell me the scores.

It's really not all that difficult.

It seems to me, that it's pretty clearly a question of motivation. With the proliferation of hand-held communication devices and ubiquitousness of wi-fi, there is no reason that if it was important to the powers that be to have the scores up as soon as they are available it could easily be done. Forget about the bother of updating the dca website, they could post it here and cut out the step of contacting the webmaster. Anyone could post the scores here on an offical thread.

The bottom line is, if it was important to DCA, they could do it for nothing. I think if they could just get the scores on DCP quickly, people would give them a break about taking a day or 2 to get the recap on their website.

Disclaimer, I'm not saying DCA sucks or that Glen isn't doing a great job. As a web guy myself, I can appreciate the work that goes into keeping a site updated.

C'mon folks......there must be at least ONE person out there that wants the scores hand delivered by messanger before retreat................Geeeeeeeeezzzzz :huh: What did you all do before the internet? Had to wait a week for the next issue of DCW didn't you? Also bet you were never late for a rehearsal either. Give these people some slack here.

Edited by melligene