Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?

Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and end their three year reign over DCA?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and finally end their three year reign over DCA?

• Yes
    • No chance in...
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Who could possibly beat the Buccaneers in Rochester?

• Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • Minnesota
    • Statesmen
    • Brigs
    • Bush
    • Kilties
    • Renegades
    • Corps Vets
    • Crusaders

After finally seeing them in Chambersburg, I was wondering:

Based on the last set of rankings and what you have seen personally, do you think that someone could beat the Buccaneers?

If not, why?! What makes the Buccaneers so much better than everybody else?

I certainly hope so, although I'm not too sure it will happen.

Discuss, please!

Edited by euphononium

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at your poll results, it looks as if folks have voted overwhelmingly that it will be the Hurcs.

OK, I think I'm the only one who voted, and I am sort of a homer after about 15 years with the corps, but... I'm just sayin'...

It would be nice though...

Anyone have a multi-color toy stuffed parrot? And a bucket of dirt for the lightning bolt? (you had to be there)

As a proud and loyal alumnus, I have to believe my Cabs have a decent shot. Plus, I'm pulling for my daughter and the other members I know personally to give it their effort and make a run at the title.

History has shown it's possible. Remember 2003? Brigs seemed invincible -- until West Haven, the last regular season show. 1972 -- Sky's first loss all season, just one week before the Championship also. Both times, it was Hawthorne, making their late-season surge. The show is there, and so is the desire and the work ethic, just as it has always been.

Yes, I am biased, and make no apologies! Taking nothing away from the Bucs, or from Hurcs and Empire, I just have to pull for my 'alma mater.'

As Tug McGraw used to say, "Ya gotta believe!" Go Cabs!

I'm thinking Rocky and Bullwinkle..."tune in next week for "Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?....or....can 1981 happen again?"

Guess one would need the way back machine to remember that one!

can "anyone" beat the Bucs?

No, not anyone............... but maybe someone.

Sky was the first to take the title from them......then the Hurcs, Cabs, Sun, Bush, Empire, Westshore, and the Brigs.

Nine different open champions since the start of DCA. Who will be the tenth unique champion?

Joe

who knows, haven't seen enough. But for older Bucs, I'm sure the thought of a 1981 repeat gnaws at them

who knows, haven't seen enough. But for older Bucs, I'm sure the thought of a 1981 repeat gnaws at them

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee let it be Hurcs..so we dont have to hear the 1981 war stories anymore..lol...JK...Hurcs have a great bunch of people there that should be congratulated for a proud history ( As all ) BUT also for surviving and now flourishing once again.Not an easy task.... Best of luck :tongue:

As a proud and loyal alumnus, I have to believe my Cabs have a decent shot. Plus, I'm pulling for my daughter and the other members I know personally to give it their effort and make a run at the title.

History has shown it's possible. Remember 2003? Brigs seemed invincible -- until West Haven, the last regular season show. 1972 -- Sky's first loss all season, just one week before the Championship also. Both times, it was Hawthorne, making their late-season surge. The show is there, and so is the desire and the work ethic, just as it has always been.

Yes, I am biased, and make no apologies! Taking nothing away from the Bucs, or from Hurcs and Empire, I just have to pull for my 'alma mater.'

As Tug McGraw used to say, "Ya gotta believe!" Go Cabs!

Well said! Best of luck!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee let it be Hurcs..so we dont have to hear the 1981 war stories anymore..lol...JK...Hurcs have a great bunch of people there that should be congratulated for a proud history ( As all ) BUT also for surviving and now flourishing once again.Not an easy task.... Best of luck :tongue:

Dude! tell me about it! I'm even tired of the '81 stories!!! And I'm usually the one telling them.

A nice championship would feel good right about now. (Am I giving off any jealousy here? Can you tell? Sucks to get old.)

:omg::worthy: