Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?

Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and end their three year reign over DCA?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and finally end their three year reign over DCA?

• Yes
    • No chance in...
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Who could possibly beat the Buccaneers in Rochester?

• Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • Minnesota
    • Statesmen
    • Brigs
    • Bush
    • Kilties
    • Renegades
    • Corps Vets
    • Crusaders

Dude! tell me about it! I'm even tired of the '81 stories!!! And I'm usually the one telling them.

A nice championship would feel good right about now. (Am I giving off any jealousy here? Can you tell? Sucks to get old.)

:worthy::tongue:

LOL...finally a new stroy...all the best..

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Rocky and Bullwinkle..."tune in next week for "Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?....or....can 1981 happen again?"

Guess one would need the way back machine to remember that one!

"Ok, Mr. Peabody"!!!!................."Moose and squverrell"..............."Ok, Boris dollink" :tongue:

Edited by Vanguard Rich

"Ok, Mr. Peabody"!!!!................."Moose and squverrell"..............."Ok, Boris dollink" :worthy:

"Rocky & Bullwinkle":

You left out "Mr Know It All": He would (Possibly) be in the "Best Position" (The "Cat Bird Seat", as Mel Allen used to say) to pontificate on a "Dark Horse Upset" come DCA in "Rah-Cha-Cha". My "Crystal Ball" can't even call this one... :omg:

All the "Witch" will say is: "Best of luck to all". May the BEST CORPS win. :tongue:

Elphaba

"Rocky & Bullwinkle":

You left out "Mr Know It All": He would (Possibly) be in the "Best Position" (The "Cat Bird Seat", as Mel Allen used to say) to pontificate on a "Dark Horse Upset" come DCA in "Rah-Cha-Cha". My "Crystal Ball" can't even call this one... :worthy:

All the "Witch" will say is: "Best of luck to all". May the BEST CORPS win. :tongue:

Elphaba

#1- Yes, the Buccaneers can be beaten.

#2- The Bucs will not win a fourth consecutive championship.

#3- The corps that wins in 2008 will not be from Connecticut.

There are many precedents in DCA where someone has come out of nowhere to win the title...2008 is shaping up to be one of those years.

There are many precedents in DCA where someone has come out of nowhere to win the title...2008 is shaping up to be one of those years.
Really?? Perhaps you haven't been paying attention...

I'm sure Jim HAS been paying attention.

Anything could happen between today and the finals in Rochester. Don't count your chickens......

Now, what about 1981? I was in junior land back then so please tell.

"Ok, Mr. Peabody"!!!!................."Moose and squverrell"..............."Ok, Boris dollink" :tongue:

Welcome to Frostbite Falls, MN

Well I said yes, and I said Hurcs. Although it could be Cabs.

It's more wishful thinking than reality but you never know.

In the overall scoreboard the Buccs are too far ahead of everybody. BUT, they started the summer more than 4 pts above everyone and after week 6 they are 2.35 from their closest competition (being the Hurcs right now) so the gap is closing quick and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

:tongue:

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

#1- Yes, the Buccaneers can be beaten.

#2- The Bucs will not win a fourth consecutive championship.

#3- The corps that wins in 2008 will not be from Connecticut.

You are wrong on at least one of your points, although with #1 and #2 being essentially the same point, that makes it 50/50. Still, if you're right 50% of the time, you're in pretty good shape...

Well I said yes, and I said Hurcs. Although it could be Cabs.

It's more wishful thinking than reality but you never know.

In the overall scoreboard the Buccs are too far ahead of everybody. BUT, they started the summer more than 4 pts above everyone and after week 6 they are 2.35 from their closest competition (being the Hurcs right now) so the gap is closing quick and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

:tongue:

For the last three years now, the Bucs have leapt out of the gate, and have managed to stay out in front all the way to DCA. Why??? I am wondering, if the Corps that have been chasing them had an additional month to work on what they perceive as needing to be corrected to improve, would they catch them? I believe that one of them could. But for some reason, the Bucs come flying out of the blocks at the start of the season. Their secret? A simpler, more executable program from the get go, that puts them in this position from the start, just better execution period, better personnel to execute their program, better instructional staff? Comments???

Edited by Vanguard Rich