Can Anybody Beat the Bucs?

Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and end their three year reign over DCA?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that anyone will be able to top the Bucs and finally end their three year reign over DCA?

• Yes
    • No chance in...
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Who could possibly beat the Buccaneers in Rochester?

• Hurcs
    • Cabs
    • Minnesota
    • Statesmen
    • Brigs
    • Bush
    • Kilties
    • Renegades
    • Corps Vets
    • Crusaders

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND;

How many people picked the GIANTS to win the Super Bowl?

How many times has the BEST team in Baseball LOST the World Series?

Did you know that the "The Sound of Music" DID NOT win the Oscar for the "Best Music not writen for a Motion Picture" !

How many UNdefeated College Football teams, NEVER made to a National Title?

So if it can happen in Sports - In Movies Awards - and other places.

Why not at DCA ?

The Buc's are one of the BEST groups to ever march on a field. They deserve Every Victory they have "Earned". Including the 3 DCA Championships. No doubt about that.

But, I think some people are tireing of the Members with the "How Great I am attatude." So much more Elite than the rest of DCA. How dare anyone think, that they could match or beat them.

GOOD LUCK to "ALL" DCA groups.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

AND;

How many people picked the GIANTS to win the Super Bowl?

How many times has the BEST team in Baseball LOST the World Series?

Did you know that the "The Sound of Music" DID NOT win the Oscar for the "Best Music not writen for a Motion Picture" !

How many UNdefeated College Football teams, NEVER made to a National Title?

So if it can happen in Sports - In Movies Awards - and other places.

Why not at DCA ?

The Buc's are one of the BEST groups to ever march on a field. They deserve Every Victory they have "Earned". Including the 3 DCA Championships. No doubt about that.

But, I think some people are tireing of the Members with the "How Great I am attatude." So much more Elite than the rest of DCA. How dare anyone think, that they could match or beat them.

GOOD LUCK to "ALL" DCA groups.

It has happened in DCA - so ya neva know when it may happen again

As you well know there were not just rivalries back in the day, there were full out fights that went on between some corps. That kind of stuff doesn't happen any longer. I will say this though, the corps did party more together after shows but then again there were very few Sunday rehearsals. In addition, I can remember hearing and at times being involved in discussions with members of other corps about the merits or perceived shortcomings of this or that corps. In that respect the only thing that has changed is that people do it here. And as Kay said the keyboard can be a mighty instrument especially when you add anonymity to the mix.

yeah i was involved in some fist fights. and yes we talked about all that stuff but this stuff on here is ridiculous. who works harder, who has the best staff and so forth. give me a break. as far as anonymity i use my name. i have nothing to hide.

My wife and I have spent some time around the Buccaneers in the past few years.... and honest to God, I have never heard, or noticed, that "attitude" that you're talking about from the corps' members or staff.

Are they a confident group? Sure they are. They should be. But arrogant/condescending/whatever...... no. Certainly not from my experience with them.

Fran

My wife and I have spent some time around the Buccaneers in the past few years.... and honest to God, I have never heard, or noticed, that "attitude" that you're talking about from the corps' members or staff.

Are they a confident group? Sure they are. They should be. But arrogant/condescending/whatever...... no. Certainly not from my experience with them.

Fran

Fran,

They do ride those "Elite" buses. I'm sure that is no accident. :shutup:

Fran

Fran;

I know MOST of the Buc's are as you say. Maybe some of the att. prob is from some of the Fans. I personaly have Never had a problem with a member. (and I did say Some, not all).

Yes I know about Knowing you are Good. Acting like a Champ at all times. I marched with a National Contender in Both Junior and Senior Corps. Yes We fully Expected to Win each week.

BUT, Sometimes another Corps also in the Top 5 or 6 would beat us. They would sometimes Deserve it, sometimes Not.

But it happened.