The Blue Knights Have Gone Insane

To answer your first question, no, none of the Blue Knights are clinically insane.

But to get to the matter at hand, as an impartial DCI fan,I find that the Blue Knights always bring their unique and fresh style to shows year in and year out. Will some people dislike it? Yes. Will others hate it? Certainly. However, I'm certain that the Blue Knights staff are still teaching the same values and lessons that you learned as a member.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then feel free to clarify it for me. Maybe my read of your post was colored by everything else I've seen you post on topics having to do with Blue Knights.

Well, let me see: I find it refreshing that a person who actually marched at this corps has the guts to speaks his mind about things he doen't like. That's the refreshing part. I happen to agree with him. After that I complimented the corps on it's talent year after year. I then suggested a change in the design staff because that is the only real way changes can be made. I wasn't bashing the corps. May I suggest thicker skin?

Eh, you don't like what you see. Your "problem" is other peoples' joy. These are just opinions, nothing more, nothing less. Glad to see what you had to say. :)

Thank you for marginalizing what I have to say. I suppose, in the end, all we do on forums like these is express our opinions, so no love lost there.

BK is a corps stuck perpetually in the 10th to 7th range of corps, year end and year out. Unless Mark Arnold and his staff ENJOYS getting the same results each year, with no prospects of improvement, I suppose there truly is no problem. If I may be so bold, I imagine the countless hours, blood, sweet, tears, and money the staff pours into the ensemble every year isn`t for another run at 9th place. Competitors play to win.

I can tell you that if my car stalls on the side of the road, I am going to pop the hood and take a good look at what`s going on inside the engine.

Well, let me see: I find it refreshing that a person who actually marched at this corps has the guts to speaks his mind about things he doen't like. That's the refreshing part. I happen to agree with him. After that I complimented the corps on it's talent year after year. I then suggested a change in the design staff because that is the only real way changes can be made. I wasn't bashing the corps. May I suggest thicker skin?

You did indeed compliment BK. Very cool. Hopefully, you can keep it up to counteract all of the other nasty comments you've made about them in here...not to mention in chat where you typed nothing but "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" over and over again as BK performed. :thumbup:

The OP was great in what he said, btw.

You did indeed compliment BK. Very cool. Hopefully, you can keep it up to counteract all of the other nasty comments you've made about them in here...not to mention in chat where you typed nothing but "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" over and over again as BK performed. :thumbup:

The OP was great in what he said, btw.

What can I say - I was sweepy. :thumbup:

Thank you for marginalizing what I have to say. I suppose, in the end, all we do on forums like these is express our opinions, so no love lost there.

It's your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Same with me. What you see as a problem others see as something else. Pretty simple. I marginalized what you had to say exactly as much as I marginalized what I had to say. Sorry if it bothers you.

To answer your first question, no, none of the Blue Knights are clinically insane.

But to get to the matter at hand, as an impartial DCI fan,I find that the Blue Knights always bring their unique and fresh style to shows year in and year out. Will some people dislike it? Yes. Will others hate it? Certainly. However, I'm certain that the Blue Knights staff are still teaching the same values and lessons that you learned as a member.

My title wasn`t a question. It was a statement. A pun...a play on words. Not meant to be taken literally.

I`ll get to the pith of what you`re saying here. Yes. I learned some valuable lessons and I grew as an individual the year I marched with BK. Setting that issue asside from the issue I raised in my post, I think there are some serious problems with the decision making that is going into their shows.

I`ve heard, and participated in, the same rhetoric. The thing is, it`s OK to be different. It`s wonderful to be different, but I don`t think it has to come at the sacrifice of losing your audience and constantly placing among the tier 2 corps year in and year out.

My skin's plenty thick, thanks...

Something tells me you'd find it slightly less "refreshing" if some of your old Brothers were bagging on Madison.

That's all... I'll refrain from turning this into a pissing match with you.

Well this is different! I'm so used to seeing the normal Cadets bashing going on here. :thumbup: I don't know what to make of this!

But I do know I loved their show last year, which is unusual for me cause I don't usually like "dark" shows. But that's just me.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting a different result. Let’s live up to our aspirations to be "different" and try something new, guys. The crowd, judges, and fans just aren’t feeling the love.

And with that, the prosecution rests.

Defense calls Glory as its next witness:

Your pop definition of insanity is neither accurate nor appropriate here. Heck, if that were the standard, we'd have to call Scott Stewart and the Scouts insane too! More important, you can't call the corps "insane" and say it's constructive criticism because it's just not the way to go about it.

I feel the love. With no BK affiliation whatsoever, I look forward to their performance each year lately and haven't been disappointed. BK 2006 was easily one of my favorites of the year. And my affection for 2007 continues to grow. In fact, I was just listening to it again this week - some great licks in that ending.

Next witness.

HH