The Blue Knights Have Gone Insane

The title made some noise. Got you fine folks to click on it and stroll on in here and have a nice sit-down with me about this-here-matter.

Be real. You didn't just call them insane in the title. You also called them insane in the text too.

Maybe you were trying to be provacative. Maybe you're just a surly cuss who gets his jollies in other people's pain. Only you know. But unfortunately for you, the tangible evidence isn't in your favor.

Try pleading insanity. Might work.

HH

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be real. You didn't just call them insane in the title. You also called them insane in the text too.

Maybe you were trying to be provacative. Maybe you're just a surly cuss who gets his jollies in other people's pain. Only you know. But unfortunately for you, the tangible evidence isn't in your favor.

Try pleading insanity. Might work.

HH

I really would like to keep this discussion about the matter at hand and leave the personal attacks for another, less adult-like discussion. Maybe we can agree on this much.

I disagree.

I love BK's shows. They take a little longer to get into, but when the full product is on the field in all its glory the program is more like a ballet on a football field than a typical drum corps show. It's different, but it's not incredibly boring. I'd actually compare it to Star 93 in terms of a similar show.

I wouldn't mind if they changed next year; "Ballet Sacra" by Holsinger would fit them like a glove. But this show is still great, and I love it.

Also-

BK's horns are some of the best in the business IMO. I saw them in 06 & they were without a doubt the loudest horns of the night(at their highest dynamic anyways). That's incredible especially considering Cadets, Phantom Regiment, and Bluecoats were at the same show.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

I really would like to keep this discussion about the matter at hand and leave the personal attacks for another, less adult-like discussion. Maybe we can agree on this much.

What? You file subsequent posts which warp the truth and dismiss calling the corps insane, but I am supposed to stick to what you think is the substantive topic? Sheesh.

And by the way, no personal attack. I said clearly I don't know what you were up to.

HH

I disagree.

I love BK's shows. They take a little longer to get into, but when the full product is on the field in all its glory the program is more like a ballet on a football field than a typical drum corps show. It's different, but it's not incredibly boring. I'd actually compare it to Star 93 in terms of a similar show.

I wouldn't mind if they changed next year; "Ballet Sacra" by Holsinger would fit them like a glove. But this show is still great, and I love it.

Also-

BK's horns are some of the best in the business IMO. I saw them in 06 & they were without a doubt the loudest horns of the night(at their highest dynamic anyways). That's incredible especially considering Cadets, Phantom Regiment, and Bluecoats were at the same show.

Thanks for the kind words of support. I never would call the quality of the performers into question. In fact, I praised them within my post. They only play what is put in front of them, and they are indeed a very talented bunch. Andy Smart appears to have worked wonders in this area.

In my very very humble opinion, the concept of a show shouldn`t be so hard to "get" that it takes another viewing to digest. Each corps has 11 minutes to entertain, not educate, the audience. Far be it for a corps to tell its audiene what it should and should not appreciate. Let`s give people the benefit of the doubt by saying that they can make up their own minds about whether something was fun to listen to and watch.

What? You file subsequent posts which warp the truth and dismiss calling the corps insane, but I am supposed to stick to what you think is the substantive topic? Sheesh.

And by the way, no personal attack. I said clearly I don't know what you were up to.

HH

I am sorry you feel that I have warped the truth and littered the forums with lies and showers of vitriol. Let me clarity once and for all that everything I have said, and am saying to you now, is merely my opinion.

The "insane" bit is a play on words. Of course no one is insane. Come on, now.

Even with some of the negative things in this thread, I'm glad that:

A ) Blue Knights are being discussed. (They don't mind be debated and provoking reactions)

and

B ) There's a dialogue on former members' role within the direction of the corps.

Even though I don't completely agree with Noblegaijin, I do appreciate that he cares about the corps enough to state his opinion.

I've always felt one of BK's strengths is developing strong individuals, and the fact that Noblegaijin is willing to state his opinion, even at the risk of raising the ire of people he marched with, is evidence of that.

Even with some of the negative things in this thread, I'm glad that:

A ) Blue Knights are being discussed. (They don't mind be debated and provoking reactions)

and

B ) There's a dialogue on former members' role within the direction of the corps.

Even though I don't completely agree with Noblegaijin, I do appreciate that he cares about the corps enough to state his opinion.

I've always felt one of BK's strengths is developing strong individuals, and the fact that Noblegaijin is willing to state his opinion, even at the risk of raising the ire of people he marched with, is evidence of that.

I appreciate that. And thank you for rallying to BK`s defense. I realize that your reaction comes from the same place as my post-a genuine desire to see the corps` success in the future.

As a side note, an alumnus trashing their own corps can be very upsetting to the current members. Just saying.....

You definitely have a point there. I guess the op is entitled to his opinion, but that "we were better in the old days" stuff is definitely in poor taste, imo - even more so when it's directed at your own people!

Fred O.

Well, from one old man to another, I am all for being positive. I would suggest that, if your fellow corps mates wanted to throw hate your way for speaking up and being honest, the problem lies with them-not you.

Well one thing I can say for sure is that I have never had a fellow corps mate "throw hate" my way.

"Insane" and "hate" are pretty strong words to throw around. Effective to get a discussion going I must say and

its nice to see a little discussion & emotion coming out from the BK alumni. If thats the main purpose here thats great.