Favorite Non-Performance Moments

awwwwww....that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Shame on 1984 DCI...wasn't that their first finals too?

2001 - Phantom Regiment's growing standing O' at the end of the show

And while technically this is kinda performance related...

1999 Madison Scouts - 2-Man-Can-Can Line during the middle tune. One guy: ridiculously tall. Other guy: ridiculously short. The camera didn't get a good shot of it, but it still makes me crack up.

I am so proud to know the tall guy in question.

2002 Cadets. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. There are about three guys right up front who go totally bonkers when the DM turns around and tries to get the audience to clap. They're absolutely in to it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the color guard's facial expressions are part of their performance technically, but I have never seen a more electric performer than the Gene Kelly character in Phantom 2005.

Edited by megadrive

Phantom's encore this year during the Rhapsody piece near the end where in the real show it was just mallet runs and then the Gene Kelly character gets a kiss and the run ends on the kiss with a note by the bells/vibes....I wasn't able to see the 05 show live, but during the encore instead of there being the kiss, the pit members hit a smile during that note....everyone thought that was an enjoyable moment

....that took way too long to explain :thumbup:

Star 1993. Dude snaps his horn down at the end of the show and yells something with this bad### look on his face.

Star 1993. Dude snaps his horn down at the end of the show and yells something with this bad### look on his face.

"VANGUARD!!"

Nah, just kidding. I love the intensity from that dude. :thumbup:

2002 Concord- WAAAAAASSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!!

1997 Scouts - Drum Major turning around and taking a picture of the crowd during the long sustain

2002 Cadets- 9-11-01 Tributes

1992 VK- Energizer Bunny

96 BD/PR- DMs conducting together after the Tie

1992 Finals with all of the movement in placement! (Especially Crossmen finishing 6th! (8th in prelims if i remember..)