semifinals newbie question

:smile:

this will be my first time going to semifinals. normally when i go to competitions i just buy tickets at the door. have many people bought tickets for semifinals at the door before? if so, how long was the wait in line? thanks! :tongue:

There are LOTS of people selling Quarters tickets and still a few selling Semis tickets because so many buy the package and don't/can't attend anything other than Finals. You probably won't make it to the door without finding someone with a decent deal.

DON'T buy your tickets at the booth; as has been stated above, there are lots for sale long before you get there and they are usually better seats than what is left at the booth. If you're staying in the area, check around the hotels as sometimes you may meet "someone who knows someone" with tickets to sell.

If you are going to any shows between now & finals, do some poking around at corps rehearsal/warm up sites, you may run into somebody with one of the corps that knows something.

Edited by Grumpy

I once bought them from a Corps souvie booth for face value. Good seats too. No line, or maybe only a couple people. No real wait.

It depends on the setup, but you may need a ticket to get to the souvie area...Pasadena & Boston, you needed a ticket to get in, Denver & Madison you didn't (most recent championship sites)

Yeah, you'll find some. Last yr someone from DCI sold a couple to my parents for semis...they got to sit with all the DCI bigwigs on the 50

This is especially true if all you need is a single seat. I was able to get top-quality seats at various Olympics by just showing up at the event and watching for people who had extra tickets to unload as the gates were opening. It's not uncommon for people to buy a small block of seats, only to find that some of their friends/family can't go after all.

I have a similar question. I will be heading to semifinals along with 2 of my friends, but will unfortunately be arriving at about 5:45. Do you think I'll need to buy from the box office at this point?

That's a more challenging situation. Three seats together and not four are always tough, plus the fans selling off their extras at face value will want to be inside by then. There may be scalpers around with good seats, if the police allow it, but they may want more than face value. There would be three seats together available at the box office but they may on the 25 yard line or farther out, or very high or very low. Keep your options open and hope for the best. You may get lucky. You're much better off trying this arriving late Friday than Saturday, when you'd be on the 5 yard line or probably have to pay a high premium for better seats.

You can always try buying seats at the box office and moving to better empty seats and hope that other people aren't coming even later than you to sit in their real seats.

Edited by Peel Paint