Info for next week

Well, I will also be travelling back to Memphis from Indy on Sunday Morning, so most likely it wouldnt be til around 8:00PM CST or something.

I'm out.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a live retreat would be awesome. Of course RVR might not even make finals... but I'd still like to watch as a spectator as well.

im for the live retreat--its been fun when we have done it before--builds the excitement!

This could probably also be in the Q&A thread, but since it pertains to Finals I'll ask it here...

Is the real-life progressive scoring drop for 10th-20th place corps taken into account? Here's my concern...

DCPI Corps A has the Crossmen in Brass.

DCPI Corps B has the Troopers in Brass.

In DCI Semifinals, the Crossmen score 17.2 in Brass and finish 12th, advancing to Finals. The Troopers score 17.0 in Brass and finish 16th, and do not advance.

Now, in DCI Finals, the Crossmen's brass score drops to 16.4.

My question is... how do you account for caption scores of corps that do not pass Quarters or Semis in DCI? Does DCPI Corps B benefit from having a corps not advance? Would DCPI-A get 16.4 in brass and DCPI-B get 17.0 (or 16.84 or 17.02) in DCPI Finals?

This could probably also be in the Q&A thread, but since it pertains to Finals I'll ask it here...

Is the real-life progressive scoring drop for 10th-20th place corps taken into account? Here's my concern...

In DCI Semifinals, the Crossmen score 17.2 in Brass and finish 12th, advancing to Finals. The Troopers score 17.0 in Brass and finish 16th, and do not advance.

My question is... how do you account for caption scores of corps that do not pass Quarters or Semis in DCI? Does DCPI Corps B benefit from having a corps not advance? Would DCPI-A get 16.4 in brass and DCPI-B get 17.0 (or 16.84 or 17.02) in DCPI Finals?

As far as I understand (now don't hold me to this), it's treated just like any other time a corps doesn't perform on any given night. Just whatever the formula is for a generated score I think.

Corps A is screwed and corps B benefits. It's all part of the excitement!

I have a theory, (truse me, this could be WAY off)

It all depends on the "trend" that the Troopers were on. If their 17.0 was preceeded by a 16.8 or a 16.6 then the "trend line" is going up, so their generated score for finals would be actually higher and thus trumping Crossmen's 16.4.

Maybe Jeff will shed some light.

Kind of like the morning/evening regionals, having a corps that made the night show, isn't always a good thing.

Wow, that is an interesting situation. I'm glad all of my captions are from solid Finals corps. :tongue:

I'm glad all of my captions are from solid Finals corps. :worthy:

You won't be when someone else wins the championship because the Mandarins score a 17.6 in visual ensemble on Semi-Finals and the Blue Stars wind up with a 16.8 in Finals, and oops that's who you had because you wanted all "solid finals corps".

Again, all part of the excitement. :worthy: