Cadets To Play Bernstein in 2009!

Embarassing...yet winning....I'd take it!

Yup...I'd take it, too....(oh wait a minute...I DID take it!)

We were very, very clean at the end, but that didn't happen until right around Birmingham (hottest place on Earth...yuck).

1990 was cool, but I hope they won't be using material from that year. My vote is for using some material from the Jeremiah Symphony. THAT would be the shiznit! 1985 was a RIDICULOUSLY risky show that was spectacular at the end!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup...I'd take it, too....(oh wait a minute...I DID take it!)

We were very, very clean at the end, but that didn't happen until right around Birmingham (hottest place on Earth...yuck).

1990 was cool, but I hope they won't be using material from that year. My vote is for using some material from the Jeremiah Symphony. THAT would be the shiznit! 1985 was a RIDICULOUSLY risky show that was spectacular at the end!

You need to change your sig to "Bluecoats snareline ###-kicker '92" :smile:

Edited by atlvalet

I would say great marketing but they had a few factual errors about Bernstein's date of birth, etc. in their press release, so that was a little sloppy, but mistakes happen...lol

C'mon people.Wikipedia!!

:smile:

Seems hurried and careless, given the mistakes (two of three facts in the release).

What would Zingali do?

Edited by marchedmanymoonsago

Seems hurried and careless, given the mistakes (two of three facts in the release). Smells a tad desperate. Seems the decisions current "product" was also hurried, and without advisement, typical of a one-man show. Hop is a tsunami. He was around during the great years, and does a great job with the organizational aspect, but has morphed into one big ego that is incapable of stepping back and letting the truly creative ones a chance to bring it. The show next year will be fantastic if he lets go of the need to "design."

What would Zingali do?

That's funny... because 2005 and 2006 WERE stepping back and letting the truly creative ones a chance to bring it. Hop had a much bigger hand in shows like '03 and '04. I can't speak for 2007 or 2008 because I don't know who designed them, but I would pretty much guarantee it wasn't just George Hopkins.

Ive already said this, but i think it bears repeating:

many corps out there have already posted 2009 information. I cant understand why this is so horrible for the cadets to do and not anyone else.

I dont see any threads dedicated to bashing Scouts, troopers or blue Vanguard for putting up thier 2009 audition dates.

The top corps are the top corps because they plan ahead. They understand that its summer performance, but year round planning.

I missed it: what are Scouts, Troopers and Vanguard playing next year?

I missed it: what are Scouts, Troopers and Vanguard playing next year?

It seems to have vanished without a trace from the web, but I seem to recall seeing a news release from Vanguard last winter annoucing their program concepts for the next three years. ...Anyone?