Allentown Alley (2)

Yes. After viewing the shows via fan network, I would say that the placements and scores are correct. There was some uncharacteristic timing issues as well as a very noticeable drop on rifle and even flag at the end. These things haven't happened before and was probably a fluke. They'll fix it and resurge.

Also, great job to PR's guard for CLEANING LIKE MAD!! This guard has improved IMMENSELY from even just a week ago. This is what PR needed in order to contend for the championship (overall). GO REGIMENT!!!

Adam Sage + :smile: = fierce

Can someone tell me how I watch the video replays if I'm a member of the Fan Network? I can't seem to find where I go for that. Nevermind - Got it!

I just watched it online. I haven't seen it in person for a while now - and wow..........what an improvement! This show is going to get Finals gold ladies and gentlemen! Tony Hall was right - this is an EPIC! Can't wait to see them at finals..........smokin' hot!

Edited by PhantomPhanatic

I hope someone has a decible meter in the stands on Finals night. I predict an audience response for Phantom the likes of which we haven't heard since mid-90's Madison.

Edited by Super Don-O

what happened with the 89 bd sop solo? lol... it's indescribable. try and listen to it if you can. i'm honestly not sure what to say about it.

You have to watch the finals video to hear it. The '89 CD that was sold has semis or quarters on it. for their performance. I assume this was because of the epic fail that was the middle 30 seconds of that show. For some reason though, the BD Through The Years CD has the finals performance also. I don't know why. It gives the exact opposite feeling of phantom's ending this year. I have only heard it a couple of times, because it is too painful to endure.

There are cracks and missed notes every year in someone's sop solo, but this one is the biggest train wreck I ever heard. It makes me wan to cry.

yeah ,only missed that one by over 4 points....

not even close.

yes , Blue stars are having a good season but please do not get carried away.

Mr. Mathis wasn't the only one who thought that Blue Stars should or could have beaten SCV. If you listened to the live feed for awards last night, when they announced the Blue Stars score, you could hear someone say that he thought they would have beaten SCV tonight. So I don't believe anyone's getting carried away.

Edited by DCIowaFan

I've been attending shows for many years and have never seen audience reaction like the final three Saturday at Allentown. Cadets were great....and then it seemed nothing could possibly top Crown. But then Phantom did.....this was drum corps at its best.

I've been attending shows for many years and have never seen audience reaction like the final three Saturday at Allentown. Cadets were great....and then it seemed nothing could possibly top Crown. But then Phantom did.....this was drum corps at its best.

I talked to my son this morning and he told me they loved and appreciated the crowd's reaction and display of appreciation for their efforts. Thanks folks at Allentown.

...Not forgetting to mention that they had the camera all up in ol' boy's face ('89 BD sop soloist!) Yeeeeesh!

Weren't those snares that BD had in '89 the Premier HTS free floaters, with a Yamaha sticker slapped on them?

I thought those drums were pretty ugly, too.

Premier, ugh!

Edited by shortn'sour

Great crowd response at Allentown is usually expected. Allentown's audience has a high percentage of NE drum corps fans who have spent their entire lives appreciating good drum corps.

I chatted with many friends who have been coming to Allentown for 25-30 years and have fond memories of their annual trek to the "ancient one." I met a few new friends this year who pointed out an important development that takes years to build. They mention they marched at Allentown and now they are thrilled to have their own kids do the same.

In another post, I described how about 300 spectators lined the Carolina Crown practice field during the afternoon. It was pretty incredible and I was pleased for Crown's members.

Allentown has some convenience issues but, I suppose, so does Wrigley Field. There IS a parallel.