Your personal Favorite Corps

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Velvet Knights - I marched there, I volunteered there, and I taught there. They have to be my number 1.

2. SCV - Year after year I enjoy their shows. Innovative, classy, some of the most memorable moments in drum corps, even pre-DCI.

3. Phantom Regiment - Since I first remember seeing them at US Open in 73 there's been something special about them. The book, the class, that 70's and 80's guard...heck I married one of them!

4. Madison Scouts - Incredible brass, unique guard presence, musical percussion, and toughness.

5. Troopers - I didn't march my age-out. I should have gone to Casper just to wear that uniform and enjoy the audience response for just one year.

I could pick out individual shows from all kinds of corps that are favorite performances, but these five are my all-time personal favorite corps for the last 38 years.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

1. Glassmen

2. Phantom

3. Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Troopers

6. Blue Coats

7. Blue Stars

8. Crossmen

9. Spirit

10. Pioneer

Just because !

1. Cadets - Fell in love with them when I first saw them live in 1996. Marched with them, won with them, etc. The main thing I love about them is the uniform. There is just something about they way that uniform moves on the field that just drives me nuts. Plus I love how the drill pushes them to the limits.

2. Cavaliers - I fell in love with them after seeing their show in 2000 (on the finals video). They just have this "it" thing which I cannot describe, but it keeps me looking forward to what they bring to the field year after year.

3. SCV - Sheer Class. The way they move. The way they present themselves. If I didn't love The Cadets so much during my marching days, I would have definitely marched there.

I really have no more favorites. These three are pretty much it for me.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Dutch Boy - but I assume we're talking current world class, so my top 3....

1. - SCV - from their inception they have always been tastefully innovative - pure class on the field.

2. - Phantom Regiment - I love classical music and they do it right.

3. - Troopers - how can you not love these guys?