Your personal Favorite Corps

The Cadets, hands down. My first live DCI show - Cadets 1990. After 4 years of HS and 1 year of college marching band, I found myself at a tiny show in SC, early in the season. From the opening hit, I was hooked...Diagonals appeared out of nowhere...the drill was maddening...the guard amazing...I couldn't even find the snares on the field since they were running, too...and the final Z-pull FAKE OUT. OK, OK. I know Michael Boo could say it better.

Every year, I can't wait to see what they put on the field. Even in the midst of the "controversy", I am in awe of what those guys can perform.

As a long time DCI fan, I love all of the top corps. And from year to year, a particular show will claim the favorite for the year (96 Phantom, 99 SCV, 93 Star of Indiana, 06 and 08 Phantom). But I can almost always count on the Cadets to deliver.

Now, if we can just turn the amp down a little...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No particular order:

Madison Scouts: I love every show they had in the 90's and I loved the Salas years. 2003 was the most amazing corps comeback I have ever seen.

Bluecoats: Love their 2006 show to death. I've greatly enjoyed everyshow of theirs from 2005 and on (although I would like to see older shows).

Phantom Regiment: Great hornline and great classical productions.

Cadets: I love these speed freaks and the attitude they carry with them. I will always respect this corps and George Hopkins for all that they have done.

1. Cavaliers...............Since I had the honor to march with this amazing corps, they have to be my first choice.

2. Madison Scouts...............I've always enjoyed the Scouts, going back as far as 1975. The first time I saw this corps in person was 1978 and they were very exciting to see.

3. Phantom Regiment........What can I say but "class". I first saw them in person in 1978 and was hooked.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard...............The class of the west. They have continued the traditions set by Gail Royer.

5. Bridgemen....................I always thought they were clown princes of drum corps. They truly made drum corps fun.

There are so many great drum corps that I have liked, but these 5 are at the top of my list.

My favs will not surprise my friends.

1. 27th Lancers - early 1970's. Their style and look had me captured forever.

2. BD - it started in 1975 and has never stopped

3. Cadets - some shows that changed the course of drum corps

4. SCV - class and dignity. They set the foundation for the success of many other corps.

Edited by LancerLegend

My Top 10 favorites were/are...

1 Freelancers....DUH!!

2 Troopers

3 Santa Clara Vanguard

4 Velvet Knights (though I would never admit that when I marched)

5 Marauders

6 Star of Indiana

7 Mandarins

8 Madison Scouts

9 The Garfield Cadets, The Cadets of Bergen County and The Cadets... In that order.

10 Seattle Cascades