Impulse and Velvet Knights

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They show little interest in producing proper sound, much more emphasis on play acting.

Best of luck to them and that approach.

Then why don't you go on out and show them how to play in tune!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue::ph34r:

REALLY!!!

They show little interest in producing proper sound, much more emphasis on play acting.

Best of luck to them and that approach.

Wow, that's a mighty bold statement.

Why not come out from hiding behind your screen name and prove this theory of yours?

I would love to know where you get this "information" of yours about our "approach"?

Well for one, go to www.dci.org

Click on the "SCORES" tab

Look up the recap for Open Class Quarterfinals, read.

For another, listen to recordings. The ear does not lie.

If in fact there has been a concentrated effort in creating good quality sound, then it has failed miserably.

If that is the case, ouch.

Wow, that's a mighty bold statement.

Why not come out from hiding behind your screen name and prove this theory of yours?

I would love to know where you get this "information" of yours about our "approach"?

If in fact there has been a concentrated effort in creating good quality sound, then it has failed miserably.

I will take a leap of faith here and say Thom knows FAR more about VK's brass sound than anyone else on this board...especially people who pontificate and hide behind a screen name.

You HAVE read his signature block, right? The part that says Velvet Knight brass caption head? You ARE aware -- since you know and see all -- that the SoCal Dream brass line that took Class A brass at DCA in 2006 was his line?

Yes, the brass sound of ANY relatively new corps is going to have some rough edges...but I seem to recall the 08 line sounding fairly good for it's size at the point where I saw them....admittedly, that was the first show of the season, but it was still a decent sound.

Name me any new Div III-sized corps that came out of the box sounding like Crown or Regiment....g'head....

I will take a leap of faith here and say Thom knows FAR more about VK's brass sound than anyone else on this board...especially people who pontificate and hide behind a screen name.

You HAVE read his signature block, right? The part that says Velvet Knight brass caption head? You ARE aware -- since you know and see all -- that the SoCal Dream brass line that took Class A brass at DCA in 2006 was his line?

Yes, the brass sound of ANY relatively new corps is going to have some rough edges...but I seem to recall the 08 line sounding fairly good for it's size at the point where I saw them....admittedly, that was the first show of the season, but it was still a decent sound.

Name me any new Div III-sized corps that came out of the box sounding like Crown or Regiment....g'head....

Thanks Sam!!

I owe you a :tongue:

I'm over it any way, he's just a troll!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

troll.jpg

Garry in Vegas

:tongue::ph34r::tongue::ph34r::tongue::w00t::w00t::w00t:

CLEAR!!!!

Defibrillator.jpg

And only those who were in SoCal Dream 2006 would truly get this!!

No worries, Thom....you and I have had our differences (boy HAVE we...thus, the above from Bob), but I always give credit where it's due. One of my biggest regrets last year was that I was unable to see VK on the field after the Brea show. Some good stuff out there.