Nice Corps to Corps Gestures

If I heard the story correctly, Blue Knights formed a cross sabers with their contras at Finals retreat in 2006 in tribute to the Troop.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I heard the story correctly, Blue Knights formed a cross sabers with their contras at Finals retreat in 2006 in tribute to the Troop.

1989 Suncoast Sound formed a delta with their horns at finals retreat in tribute to Spirit who had dropped out of finals for the first time since they started getting good. For years, those two corps seemed to place right next to each other and they were clearly their closest respective rivals. I was a little choked up at that gesture.

1989 Suncoast Sound formed a delta with their horns at finals retreat in tribute to Spirit who had dropped out of finals for the first time since they started getting good. For years, those two corps seemed to place right next to each other and they were clearly their closest respective rivals. I was a little choked up at that gesture.

and Of course most people know the whole Crossmen/Spirit deal, But i'm pretty sure that story has been posted quite a few times...

I remember how gracious the Pioneer organization was when the Regiment lost our souvenir trailer to fire while on tour. An act of kindness is never forgotten. What a great group of folks! :smile:

1987 DCI Canada - We (Regiment) tied with Garfield. After retreat, when everyone else had left the field, Garfield turned to us and played a portion of their Appalachian Spring show. I mean, it was literally 10 feet away from us, as we were placed side by side in retreat. I had goose bumps all over. After they played, with tears streaming down my face, we turned to them and played Elsa's, I think. It was one of those moments I will never forget.

I remember reading a story last year about a mandarins member helping an injured BD member onto the field for retreat. Does anyone remember the full story?

There was actually a pic of that somewhere....very touching.

(Doesn't BK's present director have previous ties to Troop?)

Yes, but I'm not certain exactly what the role was. All I know is that he was on staff under Mr. Jones, maybe in the late 70s?

I remember how gracious the Pioneer organization was when the Regiment lost our souvenir trailer to fire while on tour. An act of kindness is never forgotten. What a great group of folks! :smile:

What year would this have been?

Robert