Another useless Star/Crown stat

Before some Bluecoat or Cadets fan goes off the deepend, let me just preface this by saying.....this in no way is meant to be another "Crown is the next Star of Indiana!" thread. In fact, I prefer Crown to become the next great drum and bugle corps in their own right.

With that said.....I could not help but notice an eerie similarity between Star's rise and Crown's rise since the rebirth of the corps once they were restaffed in 2003.

Let's focus on Finals placements:

Year 1: 1985 Star 10th place 85.5; 2003 Crown 10th place 86.650

Year 2: 1986 Star 8th place 90.5; 2004 Crown 7th place 91.225

Year 3: 1987 Star 7th place 90.0; 2005 Crown 7th place 90.725

Year 4: 1988 Star 7th place 92.8; 2006 Crown 8th place 89.975

Year 5: 1989 Star 6th place 95.3; 2007 Crown 6th place 94.150

Year 6: 1990 Star 3rd place 96.5; 2008 Crown ????????

Year 7: 1991 Star 1st place 97.0; 2009 Crown ????????

They both started out in 10th....hovered between 7-8 for 3 years apiece...both gained entrance into the Top 6 by Year 5....and we all know Crown is flirting with that 3rd-4th place range right now.

The similarities are there...which I think is why the references are always made.....I just think the side by side stat is really cool.

The one conclusion we can all make from this is that by 2012, Crown will be no longer fielding a competetive corps, rather they will be pioneering a new indoor performance ensemble :smile:

Before some Bluecoat or Cadets fan goes off the deepend, let me just preface this by saying.....this in no way is meant to be another "Crown is the next Star of Indiana!" thread. In fact, I prefer Crown to become the next great drum and bugle corps in their own right.

With that said.....I could not help but notice an eerie similarity between Star's rise and Crown's rise since the rebirth of the corps once they were restaffed in 2003.

Let's focus on Finals placements:

Year 1: 1985 Star 10th place 85.5; 2003 Crown 10th place 86.650

Year 2: 1986 Star 8th place 90.5; 2004 Crown 7th place 91.225

Year 3: 1987 Star 7th place 90.0; 2005 Crown 7th place 90.725

Year 4: 1988 Star 7th place 92.8; 2006 Crown 8th place 89.975

Year 5: 1989 Star 6th place 95.3; 2007 Crown 6th place 94.150

Year 6: 1990 Star 3rd place 96.5; 2008 Crown ????????

Year 7: 1991 Star 1st place 97.0; 2009 Crown ????????

They both started out in 10th....hovered between 7-8 for 3 years apiece...both gained entrance into the Top 6 by Year 5....and we all know Crown is flirting with that 3rd-4th place range right now.

The similarities are there...which I think is why the references are always made.....I just think the side by side stat is really cool.

The one conclusion we can all make from this is that by 2012, Crown will be no longer fielding a competetive corps, rather they will be pioneering a new indoor performance ensemble :smile:

I'd be willing to bet that Crown will not leave behind the fan base. They might try an educate them on the way, but Crown is a fan favorite ( like Phantom ). Because we had to sit through the Home Depot show and endure the stupidity of high school gimmicks, Crown has learned and because of this, has kept the fan, in mind. Something not all corps try to do. We were courted with Triple which led us to the paddock. Crown is at the Y in the road, it's all up to them and unless someone gets ahold of some seriously bad acid, next year should be a killer for them ( wonder what they can GRAB FROM THE BAG in Ocotober.

Crown and Phantom have both won me over with a simple plot and great music while not going overboard into the gimmicks and props.

I'd love to see them both in the top 3, but, I look forward to what they can come up with, now that they have some confidence

I don't see any of them fleeing from DCI and it's BS, In fact, I see Crown fighting for their slice3 of the recruiting pie more than ever, and isint THAT whats it's all about ?

Follow thew money and a big AMEM to Crown and Phantom for not using narration.

Shame on Hoppy Boi for announcing Holy Name BEFORE finals to cover his ###.

It's his EST training people, study it, understand it, because there are still people in the realy work sucking money out of people pockets with this method.

I'd be willing to bet that Crown will not leave behind the fan base. They might try an educate them on the way, but Crown is a fan favorite ( like Phantom ). Because we had to sit through the Home Depot show and endure the stupidity of high school gimmicks, Crown has learned and because of this, has kept the fan, in mind. Something not all corps try to do. We were courted with Triple which led us to the paddock. Crown is at the Y in the road, it's all up to them and unless someone gets ahold of some seriously bad acid, next year should be a killer for them ( wonder what they can GRAB FROM THE BAG in Ocotober.

Crown and Phantom have both won me over with a simple plot and great music while not going overboard into the gimmicks and props.

I'd love to see them both in the top 3, but, I look forward to what they can come up with, now that they have some confidence

I don't see any of them fleeing from DCI and it's BS, In fact, I see Crown fighting for their slice3 of the recruiting pie more than ever, and isint THAT whats it's all about ?

Follow thew money and a big AMEM to Crown and Phantom for not using narration.

Shame on Hoppy Boi for announcing Holy Name BEFORE finals to cover his ###.

It's his EST training people, study it, understand it, because there are still people in the realy work sucking money out of people pockets with this method.

....the remark about Crown leaving DCI was tongue-in-cheek.....and what did the 2nd half of your post have ANYTHING to do with the topic :smile:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

....the remark about Crown leaving DCI was tongue-in-cheek.....and what did the 2nd half of your post have ANYTHING to do with the topic :smile:

Alot depends on WHO's tongue, and Who's cheek that toungue is IN ?

Wow....I start a thread about Star and Crown and I end up getting anti-cadets banter in here too...

TOO #### FUNNY! Only on DCP! :smile:

Mike, dude, um.... ok I'll just leave that alone.

I think it's an interesting coincidence, but basically if a corps is looking to rise into the elite ranks there is a general trajectory that will happen. I am thrilled with Crown's rise, and I hope a lot of people spend some time learning about the inner workings of the corps and its history. It's not just another corps with a winning mission. I've been impressed with Crown's organization since their inception. They have produced shows of every type - from esoteric to fully accessible - and they do it with class every time.

So, I say keep doing what you're doing, Crown! If they win it all someday, then it will be worth the wait to see it.

the only flaw is that crowns indoor performance ensemble starts this winter doesn't it? I can't remember if crown actually endorses odyssey, but the staff is in on it, lol.