Finals Week Predictions

A twist on your question: How do the judges make a call when 80%-90% of a corps's brass book is sustained chords, unison short motives with no phrase length or development, unison harmonized rhythms, and sound effects? even without narration?

That's been most of DCI since 1994! My guess is that they will reward what the member corps tell the judges to reward during the previous year off season.

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was merely to illustrate. No one can tell me the Cadets and Boston were both better in the beginning of August '06 than they were at finals. The bottom line is the scores are way too high this year, and they will drop (for all but PR, BD and Cavies, with Crown remaining in the 95 range). Most likely from Bluecoats down will score lower at finals then currently - Cadets = wildcard, but I still see them not scoring above low 94 range. We usually see drops between quarters and finals for the lower finalist corps. We'll see drops on Thursday, and drops continuing through Saturday of this week.

It think Crown will break 96+. Their Brass and Guard are too good. It sounds like percussion is coming along as well. I don't think they can be so good ( good enough to win a caption ) in two captions and not break 96.

Brass goes to either Crown or PR.

Percussion goes to PR, Cavies, or Coats

Ensemble Music Goes to PR or Cavies

Guard goes to Crown, Cavies, or BD

1) The Cavaliers

2) Phantom Regiment

3) Carolina Crown

4) Blue Devils

5) The Cadets

6) Bluecoats

7) SCV

8) Blue Stars

9) BK

10) Glassmen

11) Boston Crusaders

12) Madison Scouts

--------

13) Crossmen ( I want a tie for 12th between them and Madison)

14) Colts

15) Spirit

16) Troopers

17) Pacific Crest

18) The Academy

19) Mandarins

20) Pioneer

Edited by jjeffeory

1) The Cavaliers

2) Phantom Regiment

3) Carolina Crown

4) Blue Devils

5) The Cadets

6) Bluecoats

7) SCV

8) Blue Stars

9) BK

10) Glassmen

11) Boston Crusaders

12) Madison Scouts

--------

13) Crown

14) Colts

15) Spirit

16) Troopers

17) Pacific Crest

18) The Academy

19) Mandarins

20) Pioneer

Crown in 13th and no Crossmen? :tongue:

Crown in 13th and no Crossmen? :smile:

Ooopps! :smile:

I guess I REALLY like Carolina Crown this year. Nah, I love Crossmen's show. Put them in 13th. I wish BOTH Madison and Crossmen could be in finals. They're both great shows. I'll go fix that!

Thx :tongue:

what i would like:

phantom

crown

bd/cavies tie

cadets

scv

coats

stars

glassmen

boston

knights

madison

what i think will happen:

cavies

phantom

devils

crown

cadets

coats

scv

knights

glassmen

boston

stars

xmen

1. PR

2. BD

3. Crown

4. Cavies

5. Blo

6. SCV

7. Cadets

8. BK

9. BAC

10. Glassmen

11. Blue Stars

12. Tie- Madison

12. X-men

1-4 are interchangeable

5-7 are also interchangeable

8-11 interchangeable

12-13 interchangeable

I agree with the first part of your statement. I was at the Westminster show last evening and Crown should not have beaten Cadets. Crown's feet were an absolute mess and the drumline was one step short of awful. I have seen Cadets and Crown back to back four times in the past week. I am clearly not a fan of the Cadets narration, however, this corps can flat out play and march their butts off! Crown has a good drum corps but other than a very loud horn line and drill moves copied from the Cadets, there really is not much substance there. Cadets will deserve to beat Crown (even with the narration) but will not because they have been slotted.

I disagree. I've seen both shows two times now and I think Crown's show is more of a total package compared to Cadets.

If Cadets would have scraped the stage from early in the season or at least utilized it more by moving it or having hornline members on it, it would have been more interesting than having it stationary on the field. I truly think the whole stage thing distracts from what the members are doing on the field. It's like you're not sure where the focal point is.

Yes Cadets are moving well but because of the prop it takes away from the total picture.

1.Blue Devils

2.Phantom Regiment

3.Cavaliers

4.Crown

5.Bloo

6.SCV

7.Cadets

8.BK

9.BAC

10.Blue Stars

11.Glassmen

12.Crossmen

Don't bet against BD.

How many times has Crown or Phantom defeated BD head to head this year? ZERO (BD won all by more than a point)

How many times have Cavies beaten BD head to head? ONCE

Prediction: Great show, tight races......................Blue Devils for the win!

as close as madison is getting to crossmen, what happens in the event of a tie for 12th during semi's?