tie for 12th in semi's

as close as madison is now to crossmen, is it possible to tie 12th place in semi's making 13 finalist? What happens in that case?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as close as madison is now to crossmen, is it possible to tie 12th place in semi's making 13 finalist? What happens in that case?

To answer your very legitimate question, if there is a tie for 12th, then yes, 13 corps are technically in finals and 13 corps will perform on Saturday night. It has happened in the past and it makes for a kind of a hysterical retreat when all the corps have to smash into less than 10yds each.. it also makes for a long finals night.. but it's worth it.

Stef

long finals night, or more bang for your buck?

the only thing there cant be is 1 winner right? if they tie, the person that won more captions or past head to head ends up winning it all right?

and besides scouts dont need a tie to make it to finals...

To answer your very legitimate question, if there is a tie for 12th, then yes, 13 corps are technically in finals and 13 corps will perform on Saturday night. It has happened in the past and it makes for a kind of a hysterical retreat when all the corps have to smash into less than 10yds each.. it also makes for a long finals night.. but it's worth it.

Stef

Thank you for ansewering my question, i've followed drum corps since 1987 and marched in 1990, but have never seen a tie for 12th in semi's creating a need for 13 finalist spots, so i really wasn't sure, this looks like a possible year to have it happen.

If two corps tie for 12th then they both have to perform at the same time on Saturday. The corps with the most members left standing at the end of their shows gets the spot on the field for retreat

Edited by dbc03

Seems like with the double percussion panel and going three digits passed the decimal, that a tie might be tougher to achieve.

Both corps need to make finals...both for morale and recruiting. Lets hope for a miracle.

im 95% sure im going to try for scouts regardless, the only thing holding me back would be external forces, not where they place.

i want to be apart of bringing the scouts back to being a powerhouse. so if they dont make it, that sucks, but if they do then i want to take them back to the top 8.

yea i know not one person can do that, especially without corps history, but since the first time i saw them and then did a lil research and saw how the crowd usually responds, i knew i wanted to be apart of that