tie for 12th in semi's

No tie - Scouts will pull it out - but not by much! :thumbup:

The next 5 days will be extremely interesting. At this point based on my own opinion of the shows I think Crossmen have the better chance. Either way it will be one of two great corps back in. Now watch Spirit pwn them both on Friday. lol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely be game for having a 12th place Tie between those 2 and think it's very possible.

It is absolutely possible, but certainly not probable. Extremely unlikely actually.

It is absolutely possible, but certainly not probable. Extremely unlikely actually.

Not too unlikely since in 2005 Cascades and Mandarins tied for 17th twice (at both Qtrs and Semis)

So it could happen since it has happenned in the new 2 percussion system.

Not too unlikely since in 2005 Cascades and Mandarins tied for 17th twice (at both Qtrs and Semis)

So it could happen since it has happenned in the new 2 percussion system.

Is the two percussion system what created the scoring to the hundredth of a point?

Is the two percussion system what created the scoring to the hundredth of a point?

Yep -- and this year so did the 2 judge GE Mus and GE Vis system.

There's now an ordinal-based system to break ties for 1st place, but I don't think the rules allow for it to be used to decide other tied placements. My guess is they'd just start Finals 15 minutes early and allow both groups to perform, but I don't really know.

You're correct. Ordinals are only used to determine a champion. All other ties stand.

Not sure about the timing -- I imagine that's what theyd' do, though.. since the lights are scheduled to go out at a certain time and DCI would have the stadium rented all day, but would get charged a fee for going over time.

Stef

If two corps tie for 12th then they both have to perform at the same time on Saturday. The corps with the most members left standing at the end of their shows gets the spot on the field for retreat

:thumbup:

may the best corps take the spot.

good luck to both