tie for 12th in semi's

Both corps need to make finals...both for morale and recruiting. Lets hope for a miracle.

Pretty sure that both corps will be just fine in those areas based on the seasons they've had this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If two corps tie for 12th then they both have to perform at the same time on Saturday. The corps with the most members left standing at the end of their shows gets the spot on the field for retreat

:thumbup:

Not "Semifinals", but at Preview of Champions semis in 91, Sky Ryders tied Spirit of Atlanta or 12th.

We both performed at finals that night. I'm pretty sure the show started at the original starting time

and just ran long to fit all 13 of us in.

To answer your very legitimate question, if there is a tie for 12th, then yes, 13 corps are technically in finals and 13 corps will perform on Saturday night. It has happened in the past and it makes for a kind of a hysterical retreat when all the corps have to smash into less than 10yds each.. it also makes for a long finals night.. but it's worth it.

Stef

It only happened once, in Bridgemen's DQ year of 1977. Garfield and Kilties tied for 12th. Both corps performed at finals. Bridgemen were later DQ'd, and the final placings only reflect the other 12 corps performing that night. But at finals there was another tie for 8th between Seneca Optimists and Freelancers.

Garry in Vegas

Pretty sure that both corps will be just fine in those areas based on the seasons they've had this year.

Like it helped Academy?

I was in a corps that barely missed finals and a corps that made finals. The feeling in the winter after finals is VERY different based on finals results. Fact is, 13th or 15th, not marching on Saturday night means not marching on Saturday night.

It would be very cool to see both corps tie and march on Saturday night. But if I had to pick one, I would have to go with Crossmen.

I'll only be at finals, not semis, so a tie for 12th would be just fine by me. More corps to see, that way.

I'll only be at finals, not semis, so a tie for 12th would be just fine by me. More corps to see, that way.

:thumbup: <ss>

Fact is, 13th or 15th, not marching on Saturday night means not marching on Saturday night.

That's true. But in 14th, 15th, or wherever, when the dust settles you know that the gap was just too wide to breach. 13th is definitely a tougher pill to swallow.

Good luck to Crossmen, Scouts, and all the teams. Let's hope that when the kids look back, they'll all be able to say that they enjoyed the ride.

peace,

Fred O.