World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

I couldn't agree more. Downtown Indianapolis is the perfect place to hold an event, and I can't wait to have DCI in Lucas Oil.

Mmmmm DCI in Lucas Oil.....Tasty...

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetic situation ... let's say "Corps A" has been placing/scoring high enough to be considered a "lock" for Saturday night all season long. But then, on either Quarters or Semi's, they have one of "those" shows -- during a spinning box or a tight follow-the-leader move in the opener, someone falls and many others join the pile ... the whole corps feeds off of that distraction and has a terrible show the rest of the way, missing forms, blowing cut-offs, dropping equipment, losing all of their GE moments on top of all of the performance flubs.

Would the judges give them "a little credit" for their scores coming into Quarters/Semi's and score them near where they "should" have scored, or would they drop them like a rock?? What seeding would they have to have coming into the show in order to not fall too far and still advance?? Does it matter if it's Quarters or Semi's???

Just something to discuss while waiting for scores to arrive all night ...

It's raining cats and dogs here in NE Ohio, is it supposed to be nice the next few days in Bloomington?

It's supposed to be just perfect all weekend. High's in the low 80's and sunny.

From BD blog: BTW, Indianapolis is an amazing town. Everything is centrally located downtown. Lots of museums, shopping, etc. NCAA headquarters is there. Saw an IU music recital in the skyway. This will be a great town for DCI. Will fit right in.

It's killing me to watch all this by blog and FN from Hong Kong while this is all going on in my home state. Bloomington and Indy are fantastic this time of year; to all the naysayers for Indy as a semi-permanent home for Finals, do go there and experience it once before passing judgment...

Will be there next year, transPacific flight prices be ######...

Edited by hkhongkong

'cause the King has it his way? :tongue:

*rimshot*

And

NO. You're not Spartacus.

'cause the King has it his way? :tongue:

You beat me to the Burger King punchline, LOL! :huh:

You beat me to the Burger King punchline, LOL! :tongue:

All y'all are late to the punch, since I make the pun first. BK, Burger King, get it....