World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, this isn't a cakewalk. It's a competition for a reason. Judges are supposed to judge the performance on the field, not some "ideal" of what the performance was supposed to be. That's why the "any given night" aspect should apply. Yet I wonder if what you described might not be more the norm.

IMHO, it depends what corps we're talking about, and it depends how badly they screw up. I would imagine corps in the top 5 region would not suffer as bad from such a night. Where as corps in that 10 and lower region probably could have a big fall out if such a thing happened.

Blue Stars beat Boston.

Boston - 87.925

Stars - 88.100

And Glassmen are likely in 11th right now, after looking solid for 8th just a few days ago.

ahhhh... The Boxer. One of my favorite musical moments from this year.

it was the last thing i played in my drum corps career, march camp '08. the singing part was a kind of ironic end to my 5 years.....i dunno how "but the fighter still remains" factors in; maybe some kind of metaphor or something.

i'd like to march dca some day (renegades hopefully) but as of now, that part was the last of my mellophone'ing.

Edited by Jared_mello

Blue Stars beat Boston.

Boston - 87.925

Stars - 88.100

Interesting! Nice to see Blue Stars back in the thick of things.

IMHO, it depends what corps we're talking about, and it depends how badly they screw up. I would imagine corps in the top 5 region would not suffer as bad from such a night. Where as corps in that 10 and lower region probably could have a big fall out if such a thing happened.

IMO, it shouldn't be that inconsistent within the hierarchy. Judge what happens on the field as it happens, not some imaginary ideal. Just my opinion, though.

From BD's live blog:

scv1_1.jpg

WOW! :tongue: