World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

So does Phantom really have a good chance at gold? I thought they owned tonight...I easily had them first. That program is absolutely phenominal. I can't say I'm surprised with the results, but really, if Phantom does not win finals the way things are going, it will be the biggest screw up in DCI, IMO...and yes, I mean bigger than passing narration into the rules. The problem is that we see the whole show, whereas there are 9 judges each (supposedly) looking at a different aspect. That being said, and to reiterate, the visual scores are ridiculous! They should not be a point back...

Pulling for Phantom!!!! 0.8 is small, but could still be hard to overcome the way slotting is.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to look at this again.

Scouts had a better guard score and just over x men...... they were much better then x-men tonight and out scored them with our worst judge. Scouts guard score should move up Friday.

you might want to re-think that after you look at the panel. . . .

I can see torch'ya's' score being the factor that keeps the scouts out, she has not been kind to their guard.

My guess is she puts the xmen's guard up by about .5-.7 and that might be enough to seal the deal.

I also fear bloooooooo is going to get a smack down from her and curtis tomorrow night.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Just back from the show. My impressions live:

- Phantom unquestionably won the crowd. They got a standing O from the DM murder all the way to the end. Crown also got a good response, but people went insane for PR tonight.

- Judges probably got it right in putting BD on top.

- Not so sure about Cavies over Phantom. I thought the Cavies had a somewhat rough run tonight. I was particularly surprised to see they won music ensemble as I thought I heard some timing issues.

- Bluecoats were totally on fire tonight. What a performance! I really thought they were going to get some more love from the judges.

- Cadets have chopped the narration back to the absolute minimum to hold the program together, but the overall show is still pretty "distant" from the audience. I'm glad they cut the smiley face and Sarah's ending speech. It's better to just end with a bang as their closing drill and music is awesome.

- SCV's opener still seems to be playing them rather than the other way around. The rest of the show has cleaned up nicely and it's a pretty exciting package.

Just back from the show. My impressions live:

- Phantom unquestionably won the crowd. They got a standing O from the DM murder all the way to the end. Crown also got a good response, but people went insane for PR tonight.

I just got back from the stadium- LOVED Phantom tonight. That was BY FAR the most outstanding live drum corps performance I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Now I know what being in Ralph Wilson in '95 when Scouts were on must have felt like :smile:

I just got back from the stadium- LOVED Phantom tonight. That was BY FAR the most outstanding live drum corps performance I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Totally agree. I've been going to championships since 1990 and I'm not sure I've EVER seen a performance as powerful as the one Phantom gave tonight. I cannot wait to see what they bring on Saturday.

Anyone else notice the guard soloist toward the end of Colts show. It really did not look like she had much on underneath her outfit....

Bluecoats could really use a ring girl.