World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

I believe that is the one.

So, was there an actual wardrobe malfunction?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice that BK finished 9th in all three major captions(GE, Vis, Music) but still got 8th? lol

And Blue Stars got 8th in GE and Vis, but 11th in music.

Very odd on the music score.

Ok I gotta speak up.....sitting 24 rows up near the middle and I'm tellin ya,there's no friggin way Devils beat Crown in brass,no...way. Crowns hornline was unreal,clean as a whistle and sharp. And I seriously don't get the Devils winning visual anything. C'mon that show is a joke! Explain to me how they are winning visual with shows like the Cavies or PR's out there. No way! Definately some politics happening here folks. I've been involved with DCI as a marcher years back and now as a fan for over 30 years and what I saw last night frustrated me. The Devils should have placed 3rd at the highest for what I saw. Sure their guard is very good,prob tops. Not quibbling about that,but high brass? Ya gotta be kidding me. I agreed with PR getting high percussion. GE to Cavies. No one comes even close drill wise to them. Was telling my wife it made no sense whatsoever. Devils show is obscure. Cavies have a theme,PR has a theme,Devils? huh? Constantly risking absurdity...this is a theme? And a winning one? are you kidding me??? please! No way on this 'planet' Devils should have won....

Cannot say for certain but I don't think that was a unitard that I was seeing under that dress.

Cannot say for certain but I don't think that was a unitard that I was seeing under that dress.

Seriously?!?! I missed it?! I'd better get signed up for the fan network right now...

EDIT: Also, since I don't think anyone's said it yet:

PR 97.675!!!! Woooooo!!!1!1!

Edited by Tuonela

Anyone notice that BK finished 9th in all three major captions(GE, Vis, Music) but still got 8th? lol

And Blue Stars got 8th in GE and Vis, but 11th in music.

Very odd on the music score.

Blue Knights' show = totally boring this year (sorry, but IMO, they shouldn't be placing where they are by any stretch of the imagination). :satisfied:

Blue Knights' show = totally boring this year (sorry, but IMO, they shouldn't be placing where they are by any stretch of the imagination). :thumbup:

YAY...a reason to go get a hot dog tomorrow!!!

Are you referring to the guard member from The Mandarins. If so, I think the wind had a lot to do with that. I was quite windy that day.

That was actually my first time attending the quarterfinals and I had a good time was really excited all the corps compete. I thought the attendance was low :thumbup: The people around me were friendly and enjoyed the whole thing. For the most part, I enjoyed the performances and I think the music is better this year than last year. I thought Spirit and Crossmen could have done better, and the Colts and Boston Crusaders were scored too low. I really like the Blue Stars this year and their concept of a bike race! Phantom Regiment was my favorite that night!! The new ending was awesome!!!

Ok I gotta speak up.....sitting 24 rows up near the middle and I'm tellin ya,there's no friggin way Devils beat Crown in brass,no...way. Crowns hornline was unreal,clean as a whistle and sharp. And I seriously don't get the Devils winning visual anything. C'mon that show is a joke! Explain to me how they are winning visual with shows like the Cavies or PR's out there. No way! Definately some politics happening here folks. I've been involved with DCI as a marcher years back and now as a fan for over 30 years and what I saw last night frustrated me. The Devils should have placed 3rd at the highest for what I saw. Sure their guard is very good,prob tops. Not quibbling about that,but high brass? Ya gotta be kidding me. I agreed with PR getting high percussion. GE to Cavies. No one comes even close drill wise to them. Was telling my wife it made no sense whatsoever. Devils show is obscure. Cavies have a theme,PR has a theme,Devils? huh? Constantly risking absurdity...this is a theme? And a winning one? are you kidding me??? please! No way on this 'planet' Devils should have won....

:thumbup::thumbup: I have been sayn that since I seen them both live in OR. Go Phantom. Tomorrow is your night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :smile::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm thinking it must've been a peculiarly placed shadow, because the FIRST time I saw her dress go up in the theater, I would have sworn that there was some X-rated material there, but the second time it just looked like a flesh-colored undergarment.