ATTENTION BUGLERS

LisaLisaMoMeesa

I’ve read about another black eye dealt to our nation’s heroes.  As you may or may not know, anyone serving in the armed forces, upon dying is qualified for a full military burial.  This includes a bugler playing taps.  There are so few buglers now, that sometimes a “Boom Box” takes the place of a bugler.  

You brass players, (bugles, trumpets, cornets) have a gift.  If you could “loan” that gift to a man or woman that gave their life for their country, what a wonderful gift you have given.  

Our heroes deserve much more than a ‘boom box’.   (DOWN WITH ELECTRONICS, right???   :angry:      )

Go to this site:  Bugles Across America

See how you can volunteer your time.

AOL users, you’ll have to minimize AOL and go to this site using IE or Netscape.  

George:  I hope you won’t mind, but I’ll also be posting this in Brass Forum and Board DC Nut forum.  

Lisa

What a great project.

The state of Wisconsin actually has hired people, including buglers, to work state military funerals. Even though they're civilians, they still have to be in military uniform (they hire vets only).  They travel around the state, usually at short notice.

I’ve read about another black eye dealt to our nation’s heroes.  As you may or may not know, anyone serving in the armed forces, upon dying is qualified for a full military burial.  This includes a bugler playing taps.  There are so few buglers now, that sometimes a “Boom Box” takes the place of a bugler.  

You brass players, (bugles, trumpets, cornets) have a gift.  If you could “loan” that gift to a man or woman that gave their life for their country, what a wonderful gift you have given.  

Our heroes deserve much more than a ‘boom box’.   (DOWN WITH ELECTRONICS, right???   :angry:      )

Go to this site:  Bugles Across America

See how you can volunteer your time.

AOL users, you’ll have to minimize AOL and go to this site using IE or Netscape.  

George:  I hope you won’t mind, but I’ll also be posting this in Brass Forum and Board DC Nut forum.  

Lisa

thanks so much for posting that, my father told me about that a few weeeks ago and ive been wanting to find info on how to do it, thanks!!

I should go see if my old Army Class A's still fit...

Some how I doubt it, considering 10 years ago when I got out I was 70 lbs lighter.

But that's another story for another day.

I should see if I have the time to do it...and can find a soprano to do it with.

Thanks everybody for all your support for my Bugles Across America. Those who do join become a living memorial to the Heroes leaving us today. You are all invited to join us in Madison on the 10th of August on the stairs of the Capitol to do a Memorial for all Drum Corps Men and Women who have gone to the Great Drum Corps in the SKY. "Gods Corps". I've made a 6ft. by 4Ft high folding wall with over 100 names on it to be read. People from all over America. After each 25 names a volunteer will paly TAPS facing each direction until we finish reading all the names. Should you have a name ,please email it to me and it will place it on the board. Four of the names on there are from the WTC. And Thanks George for inviting an old Drum Corps guy over here. Reguards to all ,Tom Day of the Chicago Cavaliers and Co-Founder of the Anaheim Kingsmen.

Thanks everybody for all your support for my Bugles Across America. Those who do join become a living memorial to the Heroes leaving us today. You are all invited to join us in Madison on the 10th of August on the stairs of the Capitol to do a Memorial for all Drum Corps Men and Women who have gone to the Great Drum Corps in the SKY. "Gods Corps". I've made a 6ft. by 4Ft high folding wall with over 100 names on it to be read. People from all over America. After each 25 names a volunteer will paly TAPS facing each direction until we finish reading all the names. Should you have a name ,please email it to me and it will place it on the board. Four of the names on there are from the WTC. And Thanks George for inviting an old Drum Corps guy over here. Reguards to all ,Tom Day of the Chicago Cavaliers and Co-Founder of the Anaheim Kingsmen.

i would love to get involved with bigles across america, i went to the webstie but it was kinda confusing ... i logged in so i hope to be gettin an email with some more info soon .....

I signed up in GA last summer. This is a very worthwhile cause for OUR veterans. I do not have any military background but have family and friends that do. This OUR country, the good ol' USA, we need to stand up and honor those that given their lives to protect it's freedom.  

Flugelist

I signed up in GA last summer. This is a very worthwhile cause for OUR veterans. I do not have any military background but have family and friends that do. This OUR country, the good ol' USA, we need to stand up and honor those that given their lives to protect it's freedom.  

Flugelist

wow, heres an interesting story ..... i went on the webstie the other day to get more information .. i registered with the webstie and gave my name and address (and not my phone number) ... some lady called me this morning and said she was looking for soemoen to play at her husbands funeral ... i feel bad bc im not a volunteer rite now (jsut lookin for more info) ..... hey if there is anyone here involved with it that lives in new york , send me an email if u can help her out ... i wish i had more to tell u , but all i know is the lady's name and her phone # and the cemetery name ... dunno whne the funeral is .....

Personally, I think this should be required of each and every drum and bugle corps, given the military is what gave birth to Drum and bugle corps.  

I hope you all can sign up.... it doesn't take that much time...and you will have performed your mitzvah for the day!   (8-]