Madison Beats Crossmen!

This

I vote for this,

Madison, Crossmen, and Colts have three of my favorite shows this summer (I'm also really liking Blue Stars, Phantom, Carolina Crown and Blue Stars) and I wish that somehow all three of them could perform again on Saturday.

I like Madison because the swagger is returning to that hornline

I like Crossmen for taking a new (and refreshingly original) look at music familiar to this long-time fan.

I like the Colts for the GE they generate......especially with their ballad segment. Everytime I've seen the Colts this year people have been jumping up cheering because they think that the show was great and has just ended......and then the Colts give us even more.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, Scouts are Back! They had more clapping and audience involvement in the theatre I was in than all but the top four corps, COMBINED!

I hope they make finals only because it will help recruiting for next year. As far as I'm concerned, my brothers had the most successful year they possibly could have!

Thank you Spanos, Petersen, and everyone on the design team for a wonderful show. That hornline power (BYBO - yeah mellos!), that drumline rock (bassline popped more than any other corps on the big screen), an in-your-face masculine guard!

[eyes up, high voice] LOVED IT!

My check is in the mail!

:thumbup::lol::lol::smile:

The drumline feature was really cool and the bassline was great! Just absolutely loved it.

Basing guard scores on what happened at prior shows is just plain crazy... Madison has come a long way in cleaning their guard performance and adding additional drill and nuances, and they were correctly rewarded for that last night.

I've been with Madison since Tuesday night, and watched their rehearsals (mainly guard) and how they've been working to clean every minor detail of their performance.

Yes, Torchia has scored Madison lower than Crossmen in the past. But Madison's performance level is at a much higher level than it was in the past, even at shows that were only a short time ago (such as Allentown).

Tonight's performances should be judged on CURRENT performance levels, not past history. And Madison rocked the house last night, with a much higher level of fan appeal (cheering, standing O) than the other corps until we got to the top 5 or so.

I'm sure that what everyone is seeing at the movie theaters and/or streaming videos is well presented, but it's truly not the same as being at the show live.

Many of the corps have a different performance level and new drill compared to what we've seen before. Some of it I liked, some of it I didn't. But they're all in the hunt for their desired ranking, whether it's 1st, 12th or something in between, and none of them should be judged based on what they had on the field in earlier shows.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

I agree there have been huge strides in the last couple of weeks, but there are still timing issues. . .I think Madison going on right after Debbie gets to see the Xmen guard is not going to help at all. . .the Xmen guard was off last night, if they hit tonight, it might hurt the men from madison. Debbie loves to see extended clean flag phrases. . .it's her 'sweet' spot and the xmen have a lot of that in their show....especially in the opening and closer. However she'll nail a group on messy flag features. . .this is where one should be worried.

PS....watch for Blooo and BAC to get hit hard by her as well.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I vote for this,

Madison, Crossmen, and Colts have three of my favorite shows this summer (I'm also really liking Blue Stars, Phantom, Carolina Crown and Blue Stars) and I wish that somehow all three of them could perform again on Saturday.

blue stars twice?

Seeing the judging panel for semis...don't be surprised if the Colts get a bump in score in both color guard and percussion tonight.

Go Colts

Go Scouts

Go Crossmen

Just like my spaghetti...I want a 3 way tonight :smile:

Colts, Scouts, Crossmen, a triple crown of entertaiment delight, Love all three, wish all three could make it, they are just outstanding.

Geoffrey

I love the Madison Scouts ( I'm going up to Madison this Winter). Madison's show this year reminded me of watching 88 which won the gold that year. Scouts are my favorite corps and I was soooooo happy to see them finally push ahead of the Crossmen last night. I hope they keep the momentum going.

Go Madison Scouts!!!

I agree there have been huge strides in the last couple of weeks, but there are still timing issues. . .I think Madison going on right after Debbie gets to see the Xmen guard is not going to help at all. . .the Xmen guard was off last night, if they hit tonight, it might hurt the men from madison. Debbie loves to see extended clean flag phrases. . .it's her 'sweet' spot and the xmen have a lot of that in their show....especially in the opening and closer. However she'll nail a group on messy flag features. . .this is where one should be worried.

PS....watch for Blooo and BAC to get hit hard by her as well.

She drop kicked BC's guard, they did make major changes that will help the guard stay in the top ten.

I think Boston has made less adjustments and are on hold.... rut roh

I will add, Scouts guard has just turned it WAY up this past week. PASSION!

( I will say the same for BlueStars guard and PR who are also on a push to the end)

GO SCOUTS GUARD and

GO MADISON

Edited by Cop