As much as I hate to admit it...

I'm the first to admit that I'm a huge Cavaliers fan, but after watching the semi's stream, they realistically could end up in 4th after tomorrow night.

The performance tonight wasn't intense, didn't have any energy, and was "safe" at best. My favorite corps let me down bigtime. Especially after Phantom put on an absolutely brilliant performance. The judges noted the difference too, as PR pulled ahead tonight. I have a feeling the same could happen again tomorrow night, considering they have to follow Crown, another corps having a stellar year.

Like I said, I'm one of the biggest supporters of the Cavaliers around, but even I can be realistic. My prediction is that they will finish 4th... but that's certainly nothing to be ashamed of in a year like this!

And for the record... I forsee Phantom making history tomorrow night to win finals. They deserve it! Go PR!!!

Edited by FlamInvert122

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible...

of course its more possible for slots 7-9 to all contain blue in their name, in which case I will chuckle.

Look at it on the bright side. The Cavs are the only corps that's older than the town where they hail from. Hey, it's true! :thumbup:

I don't know...I think it will be 1. Devils, 2. Phantom, 3.Cavies, then 4.Crown as the top four, though I'd love for Phantom to win it all...

Agreed.

Cavs will be 3rd, at its lowest. I don't see Crown passing them. Whether or not they can regain on PR, though, seems doubtful. PR is sure to turn up the heat tomorrow.

The OP speaks the truth. After reading the semis thread, you all must have been watching a different performance than those live in the stands. Don't get me wrong, the Cavies still put on an incredible show last night, but going on after Regiment really hurt them. The beginning soloist had two fracks and then one of the rifles dropped it on the toss over the corps. From there on, they just seemed to be going through the motions and had definitely lost the audience (except for their fans) by then. Their ending was quite strong though.

I usually enjoy the Cavies show or it's usually pretty engaging for me but, honestly, this year is just not... exciting. The music (a few times) reminded me of Frameworks and drill, well it's Cavies. They pull the same "geometry" stuff every year, it's getting repetitive. But I wouldn't be surprised if they got 4th. Crown's show is way more engaging and is definitely crowd favorite or even Spirit of Disney this year. For me, Samurai and marching just doesn't work for me. I still can never remember anything about their show. Besides the fact that they weighted their flags different this year. That's really just about it. The Cadets show is more engaging than theirs. Sorry to say, but it's true. Not exciting. Not entertaining. Not engaging. This is not a Cavie year.

I said it before - I'll say it again - Same Top 3 as 2006, but different order...........HOWEVER

I want to see another Illinois 1-2 Punch! PR 1st, Cavies 2nd, BD 3rd! (Heck, would love to see BD slip to 4th and have Crown in 3rd!)