Bluecoats Colorguard

Regardless of the strength of BC guard, why would any judge of any caption, who was quietly asked to leave WGI, be asked to judge anything in any DCI class. Obviously there is a bigger problem there than her problem with BC. Don't know anything about judging, but doesn't sound like good business sense.

This would be a good question for the CG caption head for DCI, who also doesn't judge too many more WGI shows!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pay attention to who's judging who and all but, I was talking about their performance in general. It's just not that good. I don't get that Bluecoat feel to their performance this season. I don't know if it's the way they programmed their show or what, but it's just not there this season. I'm not surprised at the scores they're getting (look at Blue Stars guard placement @ 7th) because all the other guards performances were so great. I just don't feel it this year for the guard. Maybe it was staff changes, that often happens with caption head changes.

So, if the coats guard had a score similar to previous shows, and in line with a 6/7th place group, is it safe to say they would have beaten Vanguard last night?

Um..... short answer.... :smile:

So, if the coats guard had a score similar to previous shows, and in line with a 6/7th place group, is it safe to say they would have beaten Vanguard last night?

I wouldn't doubt it. That random 12th place really, really pulled them down.

I wouldn't doubt it. That random 12th place really, really pulled them down.

I don't mind slammng the judge -- there was no "random" in Torchia's score.

I would go as far as to say yes, they would have probably beaten Vanguard or it would have been extremely close. Tonight will be different circumstances though, we'll have just have to wait and see!

I don't mind slammng the judge -- there was no "random" in Torchia's score.

I don't know about that, I still think that a judges bias plays very little part in scoring. But that's my opinion. Who's judging color guard for finals?

I don't know about that, I still think that a judges bias plays very little part in scoring. But that's my opinion. Who's judging color guard for finals?

Robert Solomon. . .this is neither an advantage or disadvantage, he'll probably be pretty close on where they should actually be placing. I would say 8th. I think the Blue Stars does in fact have a much more demanding guard book and it's executed better.

One thing that factors into debbie dumping them, is that they now perform before Intermission and not in the group of the top 6. I don't know if the end result would have changed with a different guard adjudicator, but it would have been a helluva lot closer. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Debbit Torchia judged last evening. Every time she has judged the Bluecoats guard this season, their score drops and then rises at the next show when someone else is judging For Example

Murfreesboro 17.5

Atlanta 16.5 (DT Judging)

Centerville (17.6)

Columbus 17.8

Allentown 17.3 (DT Judging)

Buffalo 17.9

Quarter Finals 18.5

Semi Finals 17.6 (DT Judging)

Finals ?????

Yah, I am a homer but such consistent inconsistency doesn't seem right especially a difference of of .9 finals week and a drop from 7th in guard to 12th in guard. from quarters to semis. If I were a betting man I would bet their guard score goes right back up tonight. . Go Blooooo and Go Bloooo Guard!

I agree - she is a BAD judge. I was worried she was going to knock Madison out of finals too, and she almost did!