oh no...not another

Has anyone ever started 4th before qtrs, 3rd before semis, 2nd before finals, and then win???

Anyone??? :)

Also, I find it kind of odd that instead of the BD organization winning both Open and World, they both got eclipsed by less that a half a tenth.

Any thoughts???

i believe so, sir...and phantom 96 would be the only one i could think of on that list...they jumped cadets on finals night, i believe? but never placed 2nd, i don't think.

I don't really know where Madison was seeded in '88 going into championships, perhaps as low as sixth. At times they were only beating Velvet Knights by two points, and they finished 8th. I don't know that they had ever beaten BD, SCV, Star or Cadets prior to championship week, they had only beaten Phantom once.

This was before electricity, prior year finalists did not even compete in quarter finals back then. This was also the singular season where DCI actually kept the prelims scores sealed. Madison won semi finals but no one, not even Madison, knew about it.

That one I have to call more shocking, more impressive and more of an upset than this year.

Edited by VKMello84